Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earning points/medals & having fun - now there's a concept!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earning points/medals & having fun - now there's a concept!!

I know there's a lot of abuse as regarding acquiring points and medals while playing BF2, and a LOT of people prefer to play unranked servers and mods to avoid point whores, but I still believe that a majority of medals and points can be had legitimately without resorting to lame tactics.

Do you really need to camp the alleyways at Karkand with PKM or armour to get those precious points?
    Do you really need to resort to Macros just to boost your k/d ratio?
    Do you really need to spam nades while camping behind a fence?
    Do you really need to command while in tank/apc/helo/jet?
    Do you really need to stack teams with either uneven amounts of players or all the higher ranking players on one team pounding the other team round after round?

Example:-
    I nearly got a purple heart the other day because we had only one CP left and the other team were camping every spawn point of the CP and not bothering to cap the flag. I discovered that the other team were ALL higher ranking players and obviously knew all the spawn points like the back of their hands and were just raping us for points. They were adding insult to injury by insulting us with comments like "Put up a fight you noobs" and "You lot suck" etc. If I'd of been new to BF2 and suffered this humiliation I wouldn't bother to play anymore.

I'm pretty sure I'm not on my own when I say that BF2 is a fantastic game with lots of diversity and variety to satiate anyones addiction to FPS, but I think a LOT more can be done by all players to improve this game without waiting for the next patch to FIX everyones gripes.
    What do you think?

Sometimes peace can only be bought about by WAR!!

Re: Earning points/medals & having fun - now there's a concept!!

I think.... Next time YOU will be in the winning team, raping the noobs, and then YOU will be happy because you get high score and kills!

Lol, just kidding. Yeah, I played a lot fun rounds, without this score sh*t, the teams are even, and everyone get really nice scores, except for the privates, you know.

Comment

I forgot to mention:-

Do you really need to hack/glitch/exploit?

To cut through all the BS and put my thoughts in a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is:-

Lets try to make BF2 the best online experience up to date and promote all the positive elements of the game (maybe this is rose-tinted glasses wishful thinking). The sooner people have less onus on the "point whoring at all costs mentality" the better the future for BF2, and new and old blood will actually stick around to give the game the boost it so badly deserves!!

I like to score highly (who doesn't), but I normally find that when I just concentrate on having fun and teamwork my score goes throught the roof anyway!!

Comment

Yeah, I guess you are right, the rounds I got high-scored are remembered as very fun ones, and vice versa.
        But there isn't much we can do about it except for playing fair, and have fun of the actual game - not the score ( = tank whoring etc).

Comment

I hope that the point Uhores will disapear as soon as bf2142 gets out.
          Then bf2 will be a much nicer place to be.

Comment

It's annoying, but when a server is filled with people that don't teamwork or annoying brats that keep picking on eachother, I just go to another one. There are always places where you can find a nice squad and the other team isn't spawnraping.

Comment

The naive idealism of this thread is admirable.

Comment

I have to say I agree with BIG PiG on this, I was playing last night on a server and it was making me want to quit playing bf2 totally at one point. A host of Clanners were staying on the winning side constantly with the experienced players and raping the daylights out of the noobs etc. It went on for 3 rounds, I tried to help but the odds were just too verwhelming, base camping and the usual bad habits. In the end I switched to an infantry only server which was awesome, great team work on both sides and I stayed on there till 2am this morning!

Its just a shame that players just want to point whore instead of actualy enjoy the experience. Im only now starting to get in the 20 kill regions lately and its taken me a fair time to fine tune my tactics just to get to that point, the minute I go to a server and see 4 guys on 39 kills all on the same side Im out of there, theres just no parity.

Comment

Originally posted by grena
                  I hope that the point Uhores will disapear as soon as bf2142 gets out.
                  Then bf2 will be a much nicer place to be.
                  You can play nonranked any time you want...

Comment

This is a game about war as in real war you will use any means, tactics or resources to get rid, kill or defeat your enemy and do not tell me is just a "game" because I already know that, spawncamping is valid to me as long our team has captured all the bases thats what they deserve or we in case it happens to us for let the other team do it, I agree witht the lack of teamwork because some rogue players rather rack up points than help their own team.

Comment

there are things i do in game that i usually get called a point whore for.

myself and my clanmates usually HALO onto carriers on any carrier map and M95/Eryx/C4/anti infantry rape, and i see this as totally acceptable because (1) the other team has a fighting chance to kill a few lone infantry guys (2) this is suppression of the teams most valuable assets there by helping our team inland have a advantage over the other team.

I also usually sit on the eastern street of karkand with a MG36/PKM/L96/M95 and fire at what ever moves because again, this shuts down a very useful avenue of flanking attack on my team. When im MEC on this map i usually place C4/claymores and/or camp that one small alleyway because that, again shuts down a main avenue of attack.

I also throw several grenades over walls to kill enemies, because how the hell else would you kill them? what do soldiers do in real life when they dont have a direct field of view to thier enemy? grenades are exactly for that instance, and players that have the ability to use the right click function accurately should be rewarded for thier action.

Comment

I went back to playing BFV today, if you take away points people will play to win for their team . It just makes things a little more fun. I think I may switch over to unranked servers.

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean. I find my self more often then not coming in mid round and there is only one spawn point left and some noobs has both tanks and is camping the spawn. Why? Because he has a small pennis and the tank makes him feel like a big man. The reason it gets that way is cuz noob go command and have no clue what there doing. They don't issue orders to squads and drop arty in the middle of nowhere on one sniper. Or my personal favorite is: the commander flies the jet or chop and suck at it too. Then if their **** gets blown up, rather then dropping supply crates on it to fix it they just drop the command.

I think you'll find if you try to do some sneaking around you'll get out of those situation quite easily. I always seem to do.

I always find next round more interesting because all the noobs on your team went over the the winning side so there it auto balances the teams. And of course next round go command, So some noob doesn’t end up screwing the whole thing up.

Also it might be that your hitting clan severs. That would explain why there was a bunch of noobs camping one spawn all higher rank then you. Its not going to be a problem jurying the day but at night, oh yeah that’s a raping.
                          I personal feel that clan severs should be left to clan members.

Comment

To the OP: just switch server and if it is that bad then just keep your spawn screen up and get some food or something then when you return the round should have restarted. It's not fun when that happens really.

Comment

Points/awards are way to hyped in BF2. So many stat sigs, so many third party websites. So many awards u need for promotion.

Comment

Working...
                              X