is this hack possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is this hack possible?

It's their server and if they don't want me to play there, then that's their choice. They don't however have the right to accuse me of hacking when i wasn't.

The sad thing is they actually believe a hack exists. I have sent the guy who banned me an email saying if he truely believes that a 'helicopter hack' exists then he should post in this thread and try and convince some of us.

I wouldn't play their server again anyway, but i'm not accustomed to accepting people abusing their power. I will scrutinise them till they accept they are wrong.

"U MUST BE STUPID 2 THINK THAT NO 1 WOOD BAN U FROM THERE SERVER WITH A NAME LIKE THAT ALL CHEATS R SCUM AND ANY FAIR PLAYER WOOD NOT EVEN JOKE ABOUT BEING A CHEAT OR WANT ANY 2 THINK THEY WHERE CHEATING . {ADMIN}"

These are the kind of admins they have running their site. Thirteen year olds who can't spell.

Comment

This is what one of the latest hacks from the well know site what ea should get shut down but they couldnt give a flying fart about anyway here it is....

BF2 News:

Introducing Teamhack-
      With the recent team member addition of P47R!CK (famous CS Cheat coder) We could only expect some great new hacks, and Teamhack is no exception. Teamhack fools the server into thinking you are on the enemy team as you play. This means that you can enter enemy veichles with the enemy inside, Revive enemy teammates and kill them again (force statpad, heh) You can use commander hack with team hack, and use the enemys assets on themselves. Also, both teams will always see you as a friendly with teamhack on, which means nobody will fire at you. You can also spawn on enemy spawnpoints. And the best part about this is that enemy AA's and missles wont be able to lock onto you anymore.
      What do you all think about that bollocks .

Comment

How is that relevent?

I am accused of making their helicopter crash. From what I have read with that teamhack thing, it doesn't give you the power to control helicopters the enemy are flying.

Comment

Originally posted by simmy.uk
          How is that relevent?

I am accused of making their helicopter crash. From what I have read with that teamhack thing, it doesn't give you the power to control helicopters the enemy are flying.
          Im not saying it was relevant to you I was just letting people know what the current hacks can do, the more aware people are the more vigilant they can be.

I just thought while you were all on the subject of hacking this might be insightful to some. .

Comment

Ok fair point.

A helicopter hack is still impossible though.

Comment

Hasn't this gone on long enough? You know the answer to the post topic...

You weren't completely out of line, but you got banned anyway. A bad combination of situations along with an escalation in your tone and communication methods doomed you. You are responsible for using a name with "hack" immediately drawing attention to hacking for any potential gameplay anomoly real or imagined. I agree with the admin that it's not even funny to joke about hacking. Whenever I see someone with any variant of "hack", "glitch", "exploit", "TK", etc in the name, I start to pay more attention to those players. I don't kick or ban unless I have pretty good proof that a player is actually cheating (commander hack is fairly easy to isolate to a player, aimbots and others end up having to be a judgement call).

You mentioned they were practicing flying, so repeatedly artying them and then mocking them probably didn't go over so well. Also, you might get them the first time, but you mentioned 2-3 times in a row? They should have been able to get up with no issue before your arty recharged again.

BTW there are no F15s on that map...

Reading the SVH forum, you didn't tread lightly and ask for forgiveness (a better, albeit ego sacrificing approach). However, it's apparent that you are going nowhere with this. Cut your losses and and let it go. You have wasted time you could have spent playing the game vs. aggravating yourself and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Older-OMO
                You mentioned they were practicing flying, so repeatedly artying them and then mocking them probably didn't go over so well. Also, you might get them the first time, but you mentioned 2-3 times in a row? They should have been able to get up with no issue before your arty recharged again.

BTW there are no F15s on that map...

Reading the SVH forum, you didn't tread lightly and ask for forgiveness (a better, albeit ego sacrificing approach). However, it's apparent that you are going nowhere with this. Cut your losses and and let it go. You have wasted time you could have spent playing the game vs. aggravating yourself and others.
                As I had said it was 6 vs 6. They were easy targets so I targetted them.

Americans fly F15. It's US vs Chinese.

At first I tread lightly asking for an explanation on the forums, however the admin there has a habit of deleting your threads. He can't explain his actions and is too retarded to give me a decent answer. He'd prefer to delete my threads that admitt he is wrong.

Am I not entitled to an answer considering I have been accused of hacking?

Comment

Sometimes when I sometimes a lot and than he manages to kill me and my somputer freezes in that moment I always think: "hacker!!" :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                    Sometimes when I sometimes a lot and than he manages to kill me and my somputer freezes in that moment I always think: "hacker!!" :laugh:
                    too much drink?

Comment

Originally posted by graag
                      An admin script (not a hack) running on a server can kill/hurt a player, throw him in the air, damage or destroy his vehicle etc etc. It can't be used on a ranked server though.

Are you sure it can't happen on ranked servers? It happend to me last night twice. I would steal a j10 and take it back to our base to resupply and next thing I know it blows up, message just said (me=is no more). Their was no one near me and I was flying next to the edge of the map.

Comment

Originally posted by simmy.uk
                        As I had said it was 6 vs 6. They were easy targets so I targetted them.

Americans fly F15. It's US vs Chinese.

At first I tread lightly asking for an explanation on the forums, however the admin there has a habit of deleting your threads. He can't explain his actions and is too retarded to give me a decent answer. He'd prefer to delete my threads that admitt he is wrong.

Am I not entitled to an answer considering I have been accused of hacking?
                        Wearing my air whore hat I can tell you in with absolute certainty that the Americans don't have an F15 on Dragon Valley. There are F35s... apparently you didn't believe me the first time.

Once you started to see they weren't going to answer, that should have told you that you weren't going to get a satisfactory resolution. If you actually played there regularly, they apparently didn't know you either from the forums, TS or Vent or chat. Otherwise, what seems like a misunderstanding could have been resolved pretty easily.

You were accused of hacking privately by an admin with potential maturity issues. You chose to elevate it into a public discussion. You have also chosen to attack the entire clan via a one sided debate on these forums. Like it or not, they aren't obligated or required to provide you with any response.

Responses (from their forum) like the following won't help either. "If you think I am goig to get tired of posting and go away then your wrong. I am not going to get tired of this till I get a straight answer. "

In fact, not only do you lose by getting banned from a server you liked, they also get the satisfaction of watching you twist in the wind, with no real way of finding a satisfactory solution (they could unban you and apologize...you will probably see new maps for Special Forces before this happens ) I hate to say it but you are getting pwned by them.

It appears you decided to escalate the issue in some attempt to right an injustice that is trivial at best. Life will be frustrating for you if you feel compelled to correct everyone who doesn't see the world the way you do.

As a wise one once said,

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will"

Comment

Originally posted by graag
                          An admin script (not a hack) running on a server can kill/hurt a player, throw him in the air, damage or destroy his vehicle etc etc. It can't be used on a ranked server though.
                          i don't know, i was on a ranked server and was getting the flag and another guy ran up. right before the flag turned i flew threw the air to the top of the building and came down away from the flag unhurt. the other guy didn't go anywhere and got the credit for the flag.

there was a few other things that happened on the server so i left.

Comment

Python admin scripts (except the regular stuff and those included with BF2CC) cannot be uploaded on a ranked server because of ranked server access limitation - no FTP, no write access, locked settings etc etc. Hell, a lot of Game Server Providers doesn't even give read-only access to punkbuster screenshots directory. If an admin somehow succeeded to upload such a script to the server then both him and his GSP are in breach of the ranked server agreement. Which is a lot more serious then the regular ROE ******** - imagine a script that would slowly drain health from all players without a specific tag...

OTOH, if a client side hack somehow manages to directly affect other player's properties (generally only the server can do it) or impersonate them, the security of game engine is FUBAR. I really hope it can't.

The most reasonable explanation beside the usual glitch (invisible walls on some maps, don't forget them, eps. if you're in a jet!) or bugged server, would be that the server was unranked and an admin was abusing you with a nasty script - a lot of unranked servers are running scripts that prevent a flying commander, uncap base attack, kill the ones trying to glitch in Karkand hotel, enforce the no-vehicles rule etc. Generally good stuff; if a server would use some "black magic" it would be empty very quick. You did disconnect after the wierd events happened, right? Unranked server admins usually don't like their servers to be empty though.

Python admin scripts (except the regular stuff and those included with BF2CC) cannot be uploaded on a ranked server because of ranked server access limitation - no FTP, no write access, locked settings etc etc. Hell, a lot of Game Server Providers doesn't even give read-only access to punkbuster screenshots directory. If an admin somehow succeeded to upload such a script to the server then both him and his GSP are in breach of the ranked server agreement. Which is a lot more serious then the regular ROE ******** - imagine a script that would slowly drain health from all players without a specific tag...

OTOH, if a client side hack somehow manages to directly affect other player's properties (generally only the server can do it) or impersonate them, the security of game engine is FUBAR. I really hope it can't.

The most reasonable explanation beside the usual glitch (invisible walls on some maps, don't forget them, eps. if you're in a jet!) or bugged server, would be that the server was unranked and an admin was abusing you with a nasty script - a lot of unranked servers are running scripts that prevent a flying commander, uncap base attack, kill the ones trying to glitch in Karkand hotel, enforce the no-vehicles rule etc. Generally good stuff; if a server would use some "black magic" it would be empty very quick. You did disconnect after the wierd events happened, right? Unranked server admins usually don't like their servers to be empty though.

Comment

Working...
                            X