Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: arty???!???!!!

Originally posted by spitsfreeman
    I loved the arty in bf42 and this is great, thanks chris for the picture it helped a lot as you can see 85-5 (bottom right)
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5.../arty_85_5.jpg

I got tked 5 times by some one that was crying because i kept artying his brother who was on the other side . . .. (ive heard it all now what a reason for tking)

One thing I would like with the arty though is to be able to put on some form of "BRAKES" whilst gunning ive lost count of the amount of times in the last few days that someone has jumped in while im artying and drove off into the war zone like we are in a battle tank or somthing ive learned strap the arty with c4 if im using it now
    I had one driver with the name warrior or something. He was very smart and knew what the gunner's job was about. We had a hell of a 5 minute run. Probably will never see that kind of a run again.:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
      Looks like a start of a Artillery Mafia, Whadda ye say?
      Oh yeah!:laugh:

I think commander should be able to shoot smoke rounds aswell. Would be pretty damn cool as a support feature.

Someone mentioned rangefinder. I found that if youre a SQL, you can use command icons as distance markers. After that its simply point, elevate to proper degree and shoot.

And Freeman, that is one nice screen. How many shots did you have to use generally to get a critical shot? And did you use the commanders satellite view or the cannons sat view?

Comment

Maybe some of you have not seen the movie about how to use the arty.

COOL

Comment

I had one driver with the name warrior or something. He was very smart and knew what the gunner's job was about. We had a hell of a 5 minute run. Probably will never see that kind of a run again.:salute:
          if you meant he drove you off into battle that might be fun "if thats what you want to do" but if im sitting there using the arty how it should be used and doing quite well if i may says so my self it does get annoying how people just jump in and drive off into battle :evil::evil::evil:

Comment

what they could do is have an icon appear on the HUD view - similar to that of the 'attack here' sword icon.
            That way you are not completely firing blind and you have an actual point of reference.
            that leaves the gunner free to adjust for range, elevation and terrain and pound the target mercilessly

Comment

Chris, I can confirm your Artillery range chart to be accurate up to 800 Max.

I mastered the arty via commander's satellite and got like 150 kills in three rounds targeting moving individual infantry and enemy armor anywhere on the map using the nearby villages and bases ranges as reference.

Ranges between 400-650 are particularly effective in killing partly because you can adjust the shell 10 feet "Over here" to get that soldier who ran into the rocks to hide.

I think the arty is ineffective at 1000. I tried to rape the enemy's main at 1000 but probably will have to move to within 700 next time. In fact, I found the enemy commander's own artillery and was working on killing HIM with mine.

I have seen the light and Artillery is teh GOD of war in POE. None of that single noob red target circle clicking in the vanilla game. HOORAH!

Go Corps GO!

Originally posted by spitsfreeman
              if you meant he drove you off into battle that might be fun "if thats what you want to do" but if im sitting there using the arty how it should be used and doing quite well if i may says so my self it does get annoying how people just jump in and drive off into battle :evil::evil::evil:
              Actually no, he carefully drove slowly near known enemy areas and moved as the cannon moved. To have him spin the vehicle in teh direction I was turning the gun cut the time to target (TOT) in half and would wait until we thought all enemies in the immediate area was killed before moving on.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
              Yeah, took me a few minutes to conduct the tests and heres the result screenshot.

I tried to find as level ground as possible. Using the HUD signs properly will shorten the time it takes to get that critical hit. Needless to say, I LOVE arty.

ADMIN< Please Sticky this particular post with the artillery chart picture link as this should be mandatory reference at every desk of a Artillery user in POE.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                what they could do is have an icon appear on the HUD view - similar to that of the 'attack here' sword icon.
                That way you are not completely firing blind and you have an actual point of reference.
                that leaves the gunner free to adjust for range, elevation and terrain and pound the target mercilessly
                They've said they tried to implement some kind of aid on the 3-D map in testing but there were too many bugs and uncertainties come release time, so they left it with 2-D. Its still being worked on.

Comment

And Freeman, that is one nice screen. How many shots did you have to use generally to get a critical shot? And did you use the commanders satellite view or the cannons sat view?
                  sorry did'nt see that before, it took about 2 -3 shots to find my range and i mostly used the commanders satelite, but when people spotted for me i used that

I was playing 1st snow as german and the enemy had then north (:EDIT : "WEST" )flag which has 2 bridges i blew them out then arty'ed anything that spawned, i also had a lot of fun after finding the right range to get all the "E monkey's" who were waiting for the hind to spawn at the middle flag

Actually no, he carefully drove slowly near known enemy areas and moved as the cannon moved. To have him spin the vehicle in teh direction I was turning the gun cut the time to target (TOT) in half and would wait until we thought all enemies in the immediate area was killed before moving on.
                  well you had more luck then me with the people who jumped in to the arty when i was using it

Comment

ROFL Heavy! I feel flattered. Needless to say, if more people will find the effectiveness of the arty Im afraid POE crew will start restricting that "angel of retribution".

Comment

ROFL Heavy! I feel flattered. Needless to say, if more people will find the effectiveness of the arty Im afraid POE crew will start restricting that "angel of retribution".
                      Well, enjoy the arty while it lasts, Nerfting usually begins when too many people complain about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X