Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Question...

Hey,

First, I have unlocked every single port that I've been told to unlock by the sticky read first thread. Ok, when I connect my computer directly to the internet I am able to connect to bf2 servers, but when I'm on my router, I cannot connect to any bf2 servers. So it has to be a router problem, but as I said, I've unlock all ports. Anyone knows what else I could do, except staying connected directly to my modem, to fix that issue ?

I have a LinkSysBEFSR41, sadly for me.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thx

Re: Router Question...

An explanation of port forwarding and the necessary steps to set up port forwarding in your router.

Either that or upgrade your router's firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLouDog
      Hey,

First, I have unlocked every single port that I've been told to unlock by the sticky read first thread. Ok, when I connect my computer directly to the internet I am able to connect to bf2 servers, but when I'm on my router, I cannot connect to any bf2 servers. So it has to be a router problem, but as I said, I've unlock all ports. Anyone knows what else I could do, except staying connected directly to my modem, to fix that issue ?

I have a LinkSysBEFSR41, sadly for me.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thx
      Well thats a littl odd. You should know though that BF2 doesn't require any ports to be open to play the game. thats only for servers.

Comment

I'll try to upgrade the firmware but I've never manage to understand how to do that ... Anyways, thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Most of today's routers have a built-in firmware upgrade option .. all you have to do is find the firmware upgrade file from Linksys and then access the web interface for the router and point it to the file.

It's pretty easy these days.

Comment

Ok cool,
            Thank you Talus, appreciated.

Thanks again Tal, updating Fireware solved it.

Take care

Comment

Glad I could help!

Comment

Working...
              X