Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to turn it off.

Hi everyone.

First of all, thanks to the POE team for a great Mod. Enjoying mostly bug free play! cheers guys. Hats off from all in the UK , u guys should be knighted!

I am loving 90% of it. Bye vanilla BF2.

Only 1 issue, FALLEN! i love it, love it.... hate it! headless chickens! why oh why i really wanted to love this one!

great map and idea, but i had to turn it off. It drove me mad!

It was like a kids soccer game. All team running in the same direction capping flags. Then onto the next whilst the last flag got retaken!! lol, it was madness.watching the mini map was hysterical! No teamwork at all, no defending. etc etc. will turn off many people i feel.

Please redesign with 1 team defending, so its not like kids soccer game! just ukraine flags or something. IT COULD E THE MOST AWESOME MAP EVER! if teamwork was somehow forced. Any ideas anyody else???

Re: Had to turn it off.

can't say i have ever seen this... maybe it's just the people i play with.

Comment

Man..I loved fallen.

What an eerie feeling seeing the silhouettes of enemy soldiers running at you far off in the creepy forest

Comment

Hi Pirate, probably is. On the server i was on though it was a group of 30+ moving from 1 flag to the other.

I was in a 3 man squad trying to "defend" the flag the MOB had just taken. The MOB would then move off to another flag, leaving us to get slaughtered by opposition MOB .

Its such an awesome map, but does little for teamplay or defending. It is comical watching the minimap though, massive crowd of headless chickens capping then moving! lol probaly, like you say idiots on the server!

others must have seen this though!

ps, thanks for the mod though, you guys are tops.

Comment

And how is this different from any other map that is pubbed in BF franchise history?

I like Fallen because because it helps me hone my infantry skills. The more that come at me the better. Bring it on!
          You may look at it as getting slaughtered, I see it as a massive kill opportunity, especially on Fallen. :guns:

Besides, the only place you will find true teamplay is in competition. Pretty much impossible in a pub, where everybody has their own kit preferences and ideas of how to win the map.

Comment

Simple solution get 2-3 Special Forces guys in your squad and plant C4 all around a flag and let them come, sit back let the flag turn white then BOOM, bodies fly everywhere, the three of us wiped out 15 to 20 guys amongst us. My friends and I used this tactic about 3 times to end that "chicken run" and everyone slows down and spreads out.

Comment

That is also people's ingrained BF2 mentality (the lemming effect.) After a while it will either set in that the points don't matter (so more people start defending.) Or they leave for ranked servers.

Defending on Fallen is awesome. C4 the cabin, and have a couple support guys setup a cross-fire. Everyone runs into the cabin to escape the cross-fire and click, boom, a whole bunch of kills. Change firing positions and repeat.

This is also a great map to teach you patience. Don't start shooting unless you've been seen. Just spot the enemy and follow them. If you're Spec-Ops/Sniper, use your silenced weapons to pic at them. Otherwise wait for them to start taking fire from another direction. Then you move in and hit'em in their blind side.

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly
                That is also people's ingrained BF2 mentality (the lemming effect.) After a while it will either set in that the points don't matter (so more people start defending.) Or they leave for ranked servers.

Defending on Fallen is awesome. C4 the cabin, and have a couple support guys setup a cross-fire. Everyone runs into the cabin to escape the cross-fire and click, boom, a whole bunch of kills. Change firing positions and repeat.

This is also a great map to teach you patience. Don't start shooting unless you've been seen. Just spot the enemy and follow them. If you're Spec-Ops/Sniper, use your silenced weapons to pic at them. Otherwise wait for them to start taking fire from another direction. Then you move in and hit'em in their blind side.
                I agree buddy! You still see that implanted game play and TK'ing for stupid reasons. But I also think it will die out. People are just coming out of the "I have to get everysingle point I can no matter what it takes" crap, and it will take awhile for them to realize they can now play like humans instead of total morons!

Comment

Originally posted by *{82nd)*Commando
                  I agree buddy! You still see that implanted game play and TK'ing for stupid reasons. But I also think it will die out. People are just coming out of the "I have to get everysingle point I can no matter what it takes" crap, and it will take awhile for them to realize they can now play like humans instead of total morons!

Exactly!! ugh the uninspired and uncreative tactics statistic driven people thrived on don't work no more........its all about winning the map now.

Comment

I hope so! Been playing for a few hours more now, nearly all night! and noticing the "statters" getting bored and leaving.

Please dont add stats to this game. I am sure most people would just love to win the maps with some teamwork, which was one of the reasons i bought bF2, also, suddenly seeing people working together as a team late into the early hours was great. Had an awesome couple of games defending with support class on Fallen, smoke and nades everywhere! we set up an excellent ambush with a crossfire as the "lemmings" approached. wiped out 17 of em, then got flamed as campers , lol. Tactics we told em. gonna e hard to get rid of the "stats" mentality now, but its happening!

Comment

Working...
                    X