One shot AA kills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One shot AA kills?

Have any of you pilots out there witnessed single shot AA kills? I was playing Wake last night as USMC and these 2 guys kept getting behind me in a J 10 and taking me out with only one AA missle. My F35B would be full health. I hear my AA buzzer go off and switch to rear chase view to see ONE missle coming at me. I pull back but the missle makes contact and I'm gone? I haven't flown alot but I have never been able to take a healthy jet out with one missle. I wouldn't even think it would be possible in this game. These same 2 guys did repeatedly?

OK.....flame away.

Re: One shot AA kills?

Could he have been shooting you with guns? You mentioned taht you went into chase mode. In your strain to see behind you could you have missed your health being reduced by gunfire and the missle finished you off?

That's my only thought. I've had 2-missle kills when they both make direct hits on the engine but thats really rare. Softening up planes with guns while the missle is in flight can maximize your payload.

You're better off not firing 3 missles when 2 seconds of sustained gunfire to your engines and 1 missle will do the job.

Comment

That was what I thought at first. But on the subsequent times I had full health and hadn't taken any cannon fire from them. It was just the one missle. After about 5 times I "mentioned" something to them about it and of course got the usual "no....you just suck" replies. Noob this....noob that...blah blah blah.

I know there is one shot kill hacks for infantry....I was just curious if there is one for jets as well. Apparently there is.....

Comment

that contradicts what I thought I knew about weapon damage being server-side.

Comment

You get a dose of full damage and full splash damage. The most "popular" case is the loss of 80% armor with one single missile. Basically, the missile hits your body, and gives its full damage potential. Missile by default gives 500 damage.

Comment

Working...
          X