Reports Of My Death Have Been Grossly Exaggerated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports Of My Death Have Been Grossly Exaggerated

What you don't see from EA, don't witness with your keyboard. ~ A different take on a Jewish Proverb

It is no wonder that rumors are flying around about what EA is and isn’t going to do and what 1.4 is and isn’t going to be. The individual’s in charge of the information [EA] truly hold the power. The longer they withhold the information, the more vivacious the rumors become. But more importantly, people keep checking back to see if there is anything new. Many seem to be getting impatient and are making their own news, much like some media outlets: Inquiring minds want to know. Regardless, people keep coming back to see which let’s EA know peoples interests are still peaked.

A rumor without a leg to stand on will get around some other way. ~ John Tudor

Without any form of official communication from EA, the community is clamoring for anything and willing to devour everything they read from anyone, regardless of credibility. If EA would simply communicate something more than “there was a problem” and “the patch has been postponed” through their official news outlet (www.eagames.com) then the community wouldn’t have to make up stories about what might be.

There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true. ~ Winston Churchill

Everything in the universe is in one of three states: State 1: Unknown. State 2: True. State 3: False. The issues with BF2 are no different. Think of a cat (BF2 news) in a locked sound proof box (EA). Is the cat alive or dead? Until the box is unlocked the state of the cat is unknown. Saying the cat is dead or alive without the box being opened is pure speculation and nothing more. Although many of the speculations are founded on past experiences, they remain speculations none-the-less.

Here is the current state of issues:
    EA will not release the 1.4 patch: unknown
    EA will release the 1.4 “insert any given date”: unknown
    EA will continue supporting BF2: unknown
    The 1.4 patch will be great: unknown
    Everyone will love everything about the 1.4 patch: unknown (although statistically more likely to be false)
    People will continue to complain about EA: unknown (although statistically more likely to be true)
    People will continue to complain about the complainers: unknown (although statistically more likely to be true)

Since EA has the only key to open the box, I will continue waiting to see if the cat is dead or alive. Until then, the rest of the information is tabloid trash: entertaining to read while waiting in the check out line, but not to be taken seriously at all.

Re: Reports Of My Death Have Been Grossly Exaggerated

Here's a simple formula that I've applied to keep myself clear of this debate:

1) Do I still enjoy the act of playing the game Battlefield 2?
    yes -> Play BF2
    no -> Don't play BF2

Comment

some people stopped playing the game because they stopped liking it. they're entitled to their opinion.

some people keep playing the game because they like to. they're entitled to their opinion.

Eventually, we'll all get sick of it and play something else.

It's really a coke vs. pepsi argument as to your preference.

do you like coke, or pepsi?

as far as EA goes, they didn't handle the patches the way most companies do. but then again, the community of BF'ers are hardcore fanatic gamers, they put a lot of pressure on ea/dice

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
        some people stopped playing the game because they stopped liking it. they're entitled to their opinion.

some people keep playing the game because they like to. they're entitled to their opinion.

Eventually, we'll all get sick of it and play something else.

Okay, seriously, are you drunk? I'm just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob

I like to think of it as Coke vs French Coke.
          My money is on Coke.

Comment

Just drew this up for fun.... Not photoshopped.... photoimpacted....lol

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
              Okay, seriously, are you drunk? I'm just sayin.
              actually i was in a meeting

Comment

Working...
              X