LAG issues on certain maps????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAG issues on certain maps????

I have been playing BF2 for a couple of months now and am constantly frustrated on what maps i can play. For some reason, i can only play karkland, sharqui and mashtuur without mega LAG. I cant even play a 16 man Oman with a ping of 20 without MEGA LAG, but can easily play a 32 man karkland with a ping of 150. I don't get it atall. I cant play any other maps apart from these 3. However, in wake island, i cant move from LAG, but i can fly a jet with no LAG whatsoever. Does anyone know how i can minimilise LAG, or if anyone else suffers this?

My sytem specs aren't great...1.8 ghz processor, ( a not very good one) 1 gig or RAM, 128 video and graphics card. I have a laptop.

Though i can play all these maps fine in single player.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Re: LAG issues on certain maps????

Its probably because of your graphics card, get a new one. i dont know enough about computer components to feel save giving you advice on what you may need incase its wrong information, but my best guess is you need a better graphics card

Comment

I am a computer noob, wouldn't even know how to replace it or what to get lol. Thanks for the advice though, i'll have a look on the internet for info on graphics cards.

Comment

Whats your price range? i know a real cheap site where u can buy any computer component and it can get shipped to your door the next working day , tell me ur price range (in pounds) and ill show you a real good card and you can do what you want from there

Comment

Have the same problem occassionally. I can't play Dailan Plant due to some lag, but all the other maps, I'm fine. It's probably the graphics card.

Comment

I thought it was near-impossible to get a new gfx card for a laptop?

Comment

is it a laptop? damn i didnt notice that, i aint too sure if u can get cards for laptops or not, laptops aint really meant for gaming anyway :S

Comment

Originally posted by james_1991-fight
                Whats your price range? i know a real cheap site where u can buy any computer component and it can get shipped to your door the next working day , tell me ur price range (in pounds) and ill show you a real good card and you can do what you want from there
                cheers man, but it is a laptop. my price range is probably £50-£100. Is too little, i really dont know **** about computers.

Comment

WRONG! U can get new GFX Card for Laptops, they are just more $$$...

May I suggest my Personal Favorite.... (Evga 7600GS 256mb PCI-E) Getting SLI in about 1 weeks..

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_C
                    I have been playing BF2 for a couple of months now and am constantly frustrated on what maps i can play. For some reason, i can only play karkland, sharqui and mashtuur without mega LAG. I cant even play a 16 man Oman with a ping of 20 without MEGA LAG, but can easily play a 32 man karkland with a ping of 150. I don't get it atall. I cant play any other maps apart from these 3. However, in wake island, i cant move from LAG, but i can fly a jet with no LAG whatsoever. Does anyone know how i can minimilise LAG, or if anyone else suffers this?

My sytem specs aren't great...1.8 ghz processor, ( a not very good one) 1 gig or RAM, 128 video and graphics card. I have a laptop.

I'm not sure about the laptop you are playing on, but it barely meets the requirements for BF2. You need at least 1.5 GB of good ram to be able to play with a minimal amount of lag. I recently added another 512 stick and I am loading a little faster and the game does not stutter in the 1st few seconds anymore.
                    Since you have a laptop, there really is not too much you can do without having to send your comp to someone for a hardware upgrade. I would recommend just streamlining the current system as much as possible. Get rid of old software that is rarely used, defrag your disc on a regular basis, shut off some of the background processes so you can have more dedicated CPU power to run the game.
                    You should just start planning a new desktop rig for ultimate performance and potential upgrades later on down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_C

Kick those players with 200 ping or above

Comment

Originally posted by james_1991-fight
                        Its probably because of your graphics card, get a new one. i dont know enough about computer components to feel save giving you advice on what you may need incase its wrong information, but my best guess is you need a better graphics card
                        Can't it also be a Memory problem?
                        I, Myself and me think it could be

A new video card will also do wonders for your rig.. Don't know what your Power supply is?

Comment

Working...
                        X