Only ONE problem with POE2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only ONE problem with POE2

There aren't enough servers and players. That's it, thank you to the POE team for all your effort in making a great MOD.

POE2 has resparked my love for this game. I was starting to get very tierd of BF2, I love the concept of jumping from Infantry to tanks to planes. I only wish there were more players, I can find a server with around 32 players and in my ping rate but not many.

I live in Bermuda were the telecommunications industry is pretty crappy, we are so far from the main HUB in New York that the best ping I usually get is 125! Yes, that is painful! So, I can't play on most of the server out there.

Thanks again POE TEAM!

Re: Only ONE problem with POE2

only one problem?! ha!
    yesterday before I uninstalled it there were 140+ servers that I could find on a general search on the second day of release - that's huge!
    give it a month and there will be only 40, half completely empty

Comment

I counted 400 servers
      Ours saw activity, but it's empty now... the fact that this many servers are up and running for one Mod is a testament as to how the mod has been recieved by the community.

Peace,
      Tim

Comment

Originally posted by sanman62
        I live in Bermuda were the telecommunications industry is pretty crappy, we are so far from the main HUB in New York that the best ping I usually get is 125! Yes, that is painful! So, I can't play on most of the server out there.

Thanks again POE TEAM!
        I'm in Idaho, and the best I get to Seattle is 140ms. I still manage to get top 3 as a sniper pretty consistantly, but its WORK. I have never played a single game under 100ms.

Do NOT EVER get qwest DSL !!!

Comment

The title of this thread should read:

"Only one problem with where I live/my telecommunications company"

Don't blame POE for the fact you live out in the boonies and have crappy internet.

Comment

Bermuda really isnt the boonies.
            Try ECGN's POE server
            69.31.7.217 its located in Virginia.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
              only one problem?! ha!
              yesterday before I uninstalled it there were 140+ servers that I could find on a general search on the second day of release - that's huge!
              People have been dying for a large MOD to drop, and POE has done it. A lot of people have opened up servers, so they arent going to be full for the most part.

The server numbers will level off, and the people who really love the mod will find there permanent POE2 homes. Thats when the battles and fighting will intensify even further.

I had a blast playing ti last night, and it actually temped me to play a few rounds of Karkand. Its been a while, lol.

Comment

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...&game=bf2&pg=1:

As of 5:08 EST:
                Total POE2 Players: 2,683
                Total POE2 Servers: 530

Comment

I personally don't think its good enough to last
                  Desert Combat 2 would do well to rethink its approach if it finds itself doing the exact same game with desert skins - people want a better BF2 nothing else. PoE delivers recoil based guns, player controlled artillery but little else of note.

it and any other major mod needs:
                  - teamwork dynamics....like having all combat vehicles (tanks, all jets, attack helicopters) require a pilot and gunner.
                  - recoil based accurate guns which kill in ~4 shots
                  - maps with a CQB heart surrounded by lanscape/highways for vehicles to duke it out
                  - removal of autolockon in favour of the unrealistic but awesome TVGM
                  - the adjustment of BF2 flaws like indestructable claymores, spawn killing and infantry movement
                  /end rant
                  :P

Comment

-tank gunners now have a more effective role. APC drivers cannot fire the weapon. Attack helicopter gunners have more options than the standard cannon+TV combo

-I don't know the specifics, but I can bet there are 4 shot kill guns in POE

-Many of PoEs maps contain a large area with small villages and towns in the middle.

-Non-lock AA has been implemented in POE

-Spawn killing has be subsided with the Dome of Death. On regular bases its a player issue. Same with infantry movement.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderPimp
                      The title of this thread should read:

"Only one problem with where I live/my telecommunications company"

Don't blame POE for the fact you live out in the boonies and have crappy internet.

good thing your parents pay for your internet.

Comment

Originally posted by WesleyS
                        Bermuda really isnt the boonies.
                        You can't get much more boonie than the middle of an ocean.

Originally posted by bigpappa
                        good thing your parents pay for your internet.
                        Actually I pay for both of my internet connections.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                          only one problem?! ha!
                          Have fun with the padding whores on vanilla then, cya
                          I know what I'll be playing.

Oh, you neglect to factor in that in about a months time we will have a new version on the way with new maps/sounds/weapons/vehicles/etc.

Can you say the same for the BF2 patches?

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                            Have fun with the padding whores on vanilla then, cya
                            I know what I'll be playing.

Oh, you neglect to factor in that in about a months time we will have a new version on the way with new maps/sounds/weapons/vehicles/etc.

Can you say the same for the BF2 patches?
                            I hope the POE2 team does release a new version, i hope they balance out some of the things, liek armor and the massive overly equiped fire power of the helos, among other things.

Comment

i get plenty of good ping servers with pings below 25 but my computer has horrible preformance

Comment

Working...
                              X