Battlefield 2 Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 Freeze

I have searched through some of the topics on the first page and it seems like no one is having this problem. Whenever I am in the middle of a game sometimes my game freezes. It just freezes and stays there viewing and what I was viewing before it froze. I cant move, I cant exit, I cant use the Task Manager. I have to restart my computer. I have also tried reformatting the whole entire system. It worked for a little while, but today it froze once more. Can anyone please help me with this problem ?

Ati Radeon9550
    512 RAM

Even though I have 512 RAM it runs smoothly on Medium settings. I tried changing it to LOW but I am still having problems. Do you guys think its my RAM that is causing the problem ?

Re: Battlefield 2 Freeze

i have an ati 9550 and slightly more ram than you. i would say, the ati 9550 is a lousy gfx card. mine doesnt freeze, but it sure gives me more teleports than an entire star trek series has.
    or are u using wireless?

Comment

No, I am not using wireless. It freezes totally. Just like a console sometimes does where you have to restart. I never teleport on the game though even though I have a 9550. I wouldnt say its a bad card since it lets me run most of the games. By the way I froze agian while playing on Karkland. I would say it freezes on that map all the time.

Comment

I have the same happen to me as well. It's only come about since 1.3, so I just blame it on that. I haven't tried to investigate further, just hard reset and get back in the game is all I do.

I have:
        A64 3200+
        EVGA 7900GT KO superclock
        2x512mb ddr400
        Audigy 2 zs
        250 GB SATA II
        Antec 550w TP 2.0

I also have in the background Teamspeak and Xfire running. Now that I think about it, this has only been happening since punkbuster updated a week or so ago...might be something with that? who knows. It is annoying though. Happened to me once over the weekend and twice last week. Funny thing is I can still talk in TS with my clanmates, even though I can't ctrl/alt/del or tab out of the game or do anything, but I can key up on TS and speak.

Comment

I also have Teamspeak and XFIRE running in the backround. Im just glad im not the only one with the problem Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Same problem here. If anyone has solved this, let me know

Here's my post about it:
            I've searched the forums, but can't seem to find anything exactly like what I'm experiencing - and nothing that has fixed it Anyways I'm getting a complete in-game freeze-up of everything...sound, video, everything just freezes. No ctd, no error message or anything - I just end up having to reboot. This happens EVERY time I play. It's actually happened once in the in-game menu, but 9 times out of 10 it will be within 2 minutes of playing a round. My card isn't overheating, I've been playing BF2 since january on this rig, with no problems (except 1.3 heh). I've even played multiple rounds on 1.4 and been fine.

This only started happening when this past week I had to re-format my harddrive. I've updated to newest audio/video drivers - I've even re-installed the game and patch 1.4, re-installed the video drivers - and to know avail. I've tried different in-game settings, including trying "software" and "hardware" audio settings. Please, if anyone could help, it would be much appreciated!

AMD FX-55
            6800 Ultra
            SB Audigy 2

Comment

Working...
            X