Great Dogfighting Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Dogfighting Video

LOL I havent seen anything special nor new in this movie. It is cut every 10 seconds. I like uncut much more. Btw I had a dogfight against Oldman and shot him down a couple of times. Big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
      Grena, ever been on the radio controlled planes show? I was on an aviation show last year where some guys presented their model aircrafts and did the "dogfighting" thingy, which was basiclaly something like this-

These radio controlled planes have these strings of paper attached to their tails, in certain lenght and width, and they have to "cut" these strings off with the propellers. Its pretty damn fascinating how people can control their planes in 3D environment such as in case I described. I think those guys could do some nice moves in BF2.
      I never seen this but it sounds cool, The only thing say was a video with a guy inside a mall (i donĀ“t remeber if this is the word, big place with a lot of shops ) playing with a plane it was amazing the kind of control they have over the planes.

P.S. - I am not much for stats, so I just use www.bf2s.com to peek ont time or another, where can I see the ranks by weapons and by vehicles?

Comment

Originally posted by grena
        I am not much for stats,
        Why is your sig a your stats then? =/

Comment

Easy to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazza
            Why is your sig a your stats then? =/
            I really donĀ“t remember...it was because of a thread here.

And if you see my stats they are not very good, so they are not for show .

I played more than 300 hrs in bf2, and as you can see, my sig only shows abaut 50-60 hours worth of play...why?
            a)Almost all my time in bf2 is spent on unranked servers with my clan.
            b)I have several nicks, and the one with the best stats is boobaloo (or something like that, i am not at home), and itĀ“s not posted here.
            c)I like to enter a public server with unknown nicks and annoy my clan m8Ā“s.
            d) If you checked my stats you would see some ribbons/medals that are very, very easy to get and I didnĀ“t bother to get them (like the parachute one).

So I donĀ“t care abaut stats.

Comment

Originally posted by grena
              c)I like to enter a public server with unknown nicks and annoy my clan m8Ā“s.
              lol... how and why?

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                lol... how and why?
                Why? Just to have a good laugh...I am listening to them on Teamspeak saying nasty things abaut my beahviour.

How? There are lot of thing you can do:
                If you Kill other people and start to teach them what they should have done in order to not be owned by you or make fun at their deaths and people automatically get pissed at you (just make a witty remark after killing someone)...and if your nick is a very stupid one itĀ“s even worse.

Or tk the "Planewhore" of our clan to get the Jet.

In the end we all had a good laugh when I told them that it was me the prick that was disrupting their gameplay .

Comment

Originally posted by Elbryan
                  I hate ppl that create this kind of video. They put an hyper graphics in order to explain to the world that they are the best ..

I don't see anything special as part one with a good joystick.
                  Why, who make this kind of video, don't record and show to the world a round? a whole round? with the crashes, with something normal and not a collection?

Everyone could make a video like this in 2-3 years of game ..
                  Maybe on second before he was making a magic number for you ppl and after he crashed with the aircraft on a bridge because he was changing che camera to show to the world how much he's cool ..

I'm fed up with this kind of video-collection.
                  Go to play Barbie and get a life.
                  Plz nabb i never die!
                  it counts as a magic number even when i join a random server
                  Matches:

Public:

Comments when i play public:

Yea you are right but the best score he has posted was an 21 3 .. (K/D) .. why? I can't understand the 3 .. because in the video he never crashes .. eh..
                  On thoose 5 screenshots ive did 212 kills and died 3 times that makes an K/D off 212/3 = 70,666 (666 im the devil)

so pls go jerk off

Comment

wow nice rounds cali.

Its a shame that no one caught this in the Media forum. It truly is one of the best dogfighting videos.

And the editing by CaptivA was AWESOME. I loved it. So cool. Although, some of the people you fought in the video were kinda noobs cali. Or maybe you are just insanely good. I didnt understand why that Archer did a barrel roll before he turned, thus opening him self up for cannons.

And I wish you put more evading clips there. But a really great video all around. If you could do it cannons only, it would pwn.

And one more thing: your video finally allowed me to realize the benefits of that dogfight view. I never used it before. And why do you not go to rear view when you bomb, but instead you just hit c once? That bothered me in the movie. I couldnt see the ownage trail behind the plane.

Comment

Nice vid.

Comment

thanks blades! but yeah i agree. i used to view the clips with archer just to show off my MG skills, and emZon because i pwned him with 3rd person view.

But enCore Selaron is really good.

Comment

awesome timing with editing and sweet flying but how does he swich the camera view so fast, think hed be that good if he wasnt able to swich tthe camera view that fast??, thats the thing he uses the most and its ebviously helping him so without it he wouldnt be that great

he swiches between 2 camera views only, thats impossible unleas u tweak some crap but if u twak and become the best thats not being th ebest imo, same with chopper guners, if ur on top but u use the macro ur not considered good

Comment

although he appears to be a good pilot
                            99% of the kills were vs non-maneuvering jets
                            even the 1v1 jet - lots of good flying - but when missiles went off
                            targets were zooming 'straight'
                            makes one wonder
                            except for being WAY too long
                            nice vid

ps
                            proved my point
                            do NOT chase j10 in AA mode

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                              although he appears to be a good pilot
                              99% of the kills were vs non-maneuvering jets
                              even the 1v1 jet - lots of good flying - but when missiles went off
                              targets were zooming 'straight'
                              makes one wonder
                              except for being WAY too long
                              nice vid

ps
                              proved my point
                              do NOT chase j10 in AA mode
                              Negative. I disagree.

99% of his kills came because of one simple fact- path aligning. Maneuvering and countermaneuvering sooner or later aligned Calis path with the opponents and thats it. You can fly straight, do loops or barrel roll, once the paths are aligned and the jets are equal, the chaser holds all cards. And path aligning doesnt always mean that youre stricktly behind an opponent. Those pilots were nothing to sneeze at, they were good, but they made a mistake sooner or later.

And Greg, if you saw certain kills, missiles chased even in extreme turns. My guess, and a guess of many others is that they had a game in a local server with very little ping differences. You cant dodge missiles in that environment.

Cali, my request. Make more videos of you breaking off when others are chasing you. This would be intersting to see.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                                The way Cali handles an aircraft both in bombing, dogfighting and camera control is pretty much identical to myself. All the best pilots will eventually settle on this method though the one thing I'm perplexed about is why he went to his rear camera after dropping a bomb. Camera wise though it seems that the "fly by" camera-mode-for-dogfighting cat is pretty much out of the bag at this point (I enjoyed it by myself for many months I'm sure). But sadly all of the dogfighting skill is for nothing because really dogfighting in 1.3 (and in 1.4 I assume) is so buggy, unpredictable and basic that it leaves real dogfighting competition shallow. It all centers around wonky hitboxes and missiles behavior. Sometimes missiles will miss for absolutely no reason, sometimes flares will be ignored, sometimes the missiles will do crazy turns and kill the target, sometimes missiles will explode on the target and do no damage, sometimes they'll explode on the target and do 80% damage (wtf) and the list of random variances and quirks goes on and on. The missiles in 1.12 might not have been deadly effective but they were consitant and reliable and produced similar results given similar variables.

That being said dogfighting competition in 1.3 is meaningless and as such... pointless. In a real round dogfighting is just about the biggest waste of time available and you're much better off shooting down the enemy pilot once and then camping them the rest of the round. Real pilots don't play "Top Gun" in the air with other pilots and the ridiculous game mechanics but rather frag the enemy team so hard it makes them beg for mercy.
                                Please, you are not near Cali in his flying nor dogfighting skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X