Skinning Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinning Tutorial

Hey ppl im completely new at skinning/texturing and want to get a jet skinned and into wake island is there any tuts u know that will tell me how to do it?

Re: Skinning Tutorial

I'm also interested Anyone?

Comment

there not going to reply

Comment

I am also interested on how to skin. I would really like to learn so I can help out of some mods =).

Comment

you won't get an answer because that question is just far too broad for anyone with a life to sit down and answer in full. You need to say what modelling program you are using for a start

- google is your friend.... here is what you want to google (assuming you are using 3ds max).

UVW unwrap tutorial - 3ds Max

3d texture techniques - photoshop

also - go to the bf2 editor forums for info on how to get your work ingame. Although i will add if its a new model there is alot more to it than meets the eye.

I taught myself - so it is possible. You will have to figure it out for yourself as you will be very lucky if somone has the time to sit down and lead you through it. Look for tutorials and study study - there is no quick fix solution

good luck

Comment

thanx im using photoshop

Comment

^^ photoshop is only half of the process. If you are reskinning BF2 models you won't need to know UVW unwrapping - but having knowledge of how UVW unwrapping works will help you decipher what goes where and why.

When i texture 50% of the time is spent in photshop - the other 50% is spent in 3ds Max checking my progress. Learning how to unwrap isn't that hard - learning how to create believable textures in photoshop is another story search the net - there are plenty of tutorials out there for those willing to take the time to look.

now off to google with ye!

Comment

Try www.bfeditor.org They will have plenty of tutorials. Here is a list form there site of a bunch of tutorials. http://bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4538

Comment

Thanks Alot! I'll be looking there.

Comment

I like how the new guys think having PS will do it lol.

Comment

why dont u use ps?

Comment

PM me.

Comment

Working...
                        X