Hackers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hackers...

What basically happens to people found hacking?

DO they get their whole BF2 banned, like they cant create new accounts, and stuff?

or does the hacking account get banned from use?

cos i reported a hacker to the admin of the serVer, he was *apparently* banned to play BF2 with that account name, but i see him play with a new name!

so, what happens to these accounts?
    Cos the rules should be stricter, he jus ruins the damn game!

Thanx

Re: Hackers...

It could be some reasons..Depending on how the hacking is.

1. Points off stats (-10000) off global score
    2.Reset Stats (back to 0)
    3.Ban ip adress
    4. Ban ip adress and BF2 CD key

Comment

You can also get a punkbuster hardware ban if i'm correct. This means you can't play any punkbuster games with that computer.
      Correct me if i'm wrong

Comment

For some hacks you get a 2 min. kick because something is altered like some Direct3D files or OpenGl shizzle.. Sometimes people get hardware bans and that means you can't play games like:

Americas Army
        Fear
        Call of Duty
        Battlefield Series

And the list continues.

Comment

Quake 3 Arena, Ultima Online, lol.. everygame with online interface..

Comment

so does punkbuster create a checksum of my hardware and compare it to the banned list everytime i start the game?

Comment

lol why you want to know? hahahaha do it, if you have 50$ and a new computer for every time punkbuster ban, you shouldnt worry about it. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by vika09

cos i reported a hacker to the admin of the serVer, he was *apparently* banned to play BF2 with that account name, but i see him play with a new name!
                Two questions.
                1. How on earth could you know this guy was hacking?
                2. How on earth could you know this guy came back with a new name?

To answer your questions.
                If PB kicks you for a cheat violation you will get a 2 minute ban.

If PB detects that you are trying to block PB from scanning, you will get a Global Ban.

If PB kicks you for using a hack or video driver cheat on a server streaming the MBL, you will be permanantly banned from all servers streaming the MBL.
                If you get a Global ban or banned from servers streaming the MBL, you can no longer play, even if you change you name since itss your GUID that is banned and not your name.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowburn199
                  You can also get a punkbuster hardware ban if i'm correct. This means you can't play any punkbuster games with that computer.
                  Correct me if i'm wrong
                  Right, but that's only if you're found using a hack which tries to change PB scanning routine or whatever. CD-key bans are the most common since they're easy to enforce...IP bans are useless for the majority of ISPs.

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Crazycanuck
                    Two questions.
                    1. How on earth could you know this guy was hacking?
                    2. How on earth could you know this guy came back with a new name?

1. I could clearly see him spin around (WAY TOOOO FAST) like 180 turn in like millisecond timing (obviously an aim hack), while in a tank/APC, always fires through walls, and gets kills, and does this with *AMAZING* accuracy, that happenes with no UAV on/ spotting. and general hackers, usually dont say a word in a whole round/ the time he stays on.

2. the guy comes with a new account and says, "y was i banned??", we went, 'which account', the guy spells out the account i told the admin.

pretty funny, when he jus exposed himself again...

Comment

people caught hacking will get a stat reset from ea
                      a GUID BAN fro punkbuster which is ban your cd key
                      and then a hardware ban from punkbuster aswell where they ban your hard drive your network interface card and your MAC address

Comment

They should hardware ban them, ip ban and cd ban throw everything at them so they will never do it again and then only then will people respect EA`s games at the moment hackers are loving exploiting them.

Comment

Did you have any proof of his hacking? I'm sure you had a BattleRecorder file of him doing these things...right? Or did they just say yea we believe you...he's banned. Not to argue with you but the whole thing seems off to me. Not sure the motive behind this thread though.

Edit. I just re-read your post and it seems like he was banned from the server maybe? Cause his ban was made public to the server?

Comment

Thai servers dont run battlerecorder, and i dun how to use it...

well, the admin didnt kick him instantly, he joined my side *USMC*, and both of us jus watched the guy play, he was spinning like nutz, aiming at ppl real fast taking them down..

the admin then agreed..

you are rite, he was only server banned.

Comment

Yeah too bad about the BR not working, sounds like he was hacking and should be banned from everything, problem is some people might just report people they don't like....hence the PB system I guess.

BTW what were his account names? I'll be sure and harass him every chance I get.

Comment

Working...
                              X