What is a MOD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a MOD?

Hey fellas, I see these pictures of maps that don't look familiar. They are called mods and that's all I know. I need in-depth info on this, thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What is a MOD?

you have got to be kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
      you have got to be kidding me?
      I kid you not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its a modification for bf2. They change it around. Like battleracer takes the cars DPV's from bf2 and makes them so you can race and get points. You have sandbox where you can place objects in-game. Mods just add to the game. And at this forum we help people create mods.

Comment

Mod: Modifications, which means it totally creates a whole new game scenerio

Comment

modifications are things you can download and they can completely change it a lot or can just add to it... some of them are huge files some of them are small files... if you feel like downloading some here are my suggestions first to last for which one i would download : sandbox, PoE2, sir mod, OPK, PRMM

Comment

NBA Playoffs 2024 #GoogleDoodle

Comment

Originally posted by jgoodwin27
                modifications are things you can download and they can completely change it a lot or can just add to it... some of them are huge files some of them are small files... if you feel like downloading some here are my suggestions first to last for which one i would download : sandbox, PoE2, sir mod, OPK, PRMM
                So is Wake Island considered a MOD? How do I apply a MOD? The thing is I don't want to get a headache since this game gave me a lot of problems before. When I apply a MOD, are there RANKED servers with them?

Comment

Wake Island 2007 comes with patch 1.3 I believe (May be 1.2 or earlier, I'm not positive).

You apply a mod by downloading it and run the installer (If it doesn't come with one, you unzip the folder to your mods folder in BF2).

Mods have no ranked servers. (Except battleracer, but that's a different type of ranking system that isn't sponsored by EA)

Comment

Mods do have ranked servers (ABR) but there not associated with EA it doesn't cost you an extra $100 to run a ranked server. however if you want to play on ranked servers for mods id rather you just stick with vBF2 and not ruin our games.

Comment

custom maps r well custom maps and total conversions and mini mods r well what they r(lol that made little sence)

Comment

Originally posted by Cherni_95
                        custom maps r well custom maps and total conversions and mini mods r well what they r(lol that made little sence)
                        dude wtf that made no sence lol

POE2 FTW

Comment

Originally posted by sammytheman
                          So is Wake Island considered a MOD?
                          No, it's an add-on map recycled by EA for the third time.

This here is an example of a custom map

How do I apply a MOD?
                          For custom maps you need to copy and paste the map folder here C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels
                          Game mods like POE2, USI, Project reality come with installers, so you simply install them like any other program you have installed.
                          You usually need to start the game using the shortcut for that mod.

When I apply a MOD, are there RANKED servers with them?
                          No, custom maps and mods are not ranked

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_%28computer_gaming%29

Comment

something that people make the game better or funner also worst but only sometimes

Comment

Working...
                              X