Server Switching Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Switching Teams

Does anyone know how the server decides who it is going to switch teams when the teams become unbalanced? I was playing last night and scoring pretty high and when I got killed, I got switched to the other team, then got switched back and forth a few times before it left me on the opposite side from where I started the game.

1. Does it switch based on the top 5 or so players?

2. Does it switch based on the last 5 or so to join the server?

It is just pretty annoying when you have worked hard to get your team winning the round and then you are switched to the other side and have to work even harder to get back the flags that you took before, LOL

And in the end you end up losing out on the two times your score because the team you got switched to lost the round!

Re: Server Switching Teams

the server switch a person to the other team if the person dies before his other teammates.

Comment

First it picks people who arent in a squad, then when they die it switches them (as it should, lone wolves have no place in MOST BF2 games) then, it goes to squad members, if everyone is in a squad, how it decides i dont know, then squad leaders and so on. At least, thats my experience of it both as a player and as an admin.

Comment

I've been switched during auto balance when I was commander of the winning side. go figure that one out!

Comment

server admins have SOME latitude in this
          they can select the number of players offset
          BEFORE the autobalance starts to work
          (we use 2)
          as soon as the difference in team player is 3 or more
          "THE NEXT PERSON TO DIE GETS SWITHED !!!!!!!!!! "
          does not matter if clan member, squad member - poof - gone !
          the 'criteria' of privilege enters when there are multiple players dead at once
          THEN - lone wolf, squad member. squad leader. clan member. CO
          of course, autobalance can be turned off all together !

Comment

bf2cc rolls an internal 20 sided die, and based off a compicated formula, comes up with a Player ID to switch, period.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
              bf2cc rolls an internal 20 sided die, and based off a compicated formula, comes up with a Player ID to switch, period.
              Well, a lot of times, it rolls a 20 and off goes my head!

Comment

teamswitching is pretty annoying but it keeps things fair, and overall it really doesnt matter. For instance, I was in Kubra Dam the other day owning in my F/A-18 as usual. Near the end of the round I got teamswitched to the MEC side, which was losing badly. I didnt fret over it. I was still number 1, and the best part is, next round I got back on the USMC and owned another round in my F/A-18.:evil: Wins/losses, they really dont matter.

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                  server admins have SOME latitude in this
                  they can select the number of players offset
                  BEFORE the autobalance starts to work
                  (we use 2)
                  as soon as the difference in team player is 3 or more
                  "THE NEXT PERSON TO DIE GETS SWITHED !!!!!!!!!! "
                  does not matter if clan member, squad member - poof - gone !
                  the 'criteria' of privilege enters when there are multiple players dead at once
                  THEN - lone wolf, squad member. squad leader. clan member. CO
                  of course, autobalance can be turned off all together !
                  Not true. There is a box on the auto-admin tab just below the smart balance threshold slider. Whatever tags you put in this box will be not be switched. I think these tags are also immune to idle kicks through BF2CC, but don't quote me on that last part.

Comment

I have noticed that often it will switch the top players even if they are in a squad. I have been switched many many times while in the top standing and in a squad.

Comment

Working...
                    X