Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"There is a problem with your connection"-Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There is a problem with your connection"-Solution!

Well..I was recently one of the few who suffered from the "There is a problem with your connection" error while in online play. This error usally occurs if you have a wireless connection.

I know, everyone gets it..but not as much as I, and many other people did..every two minutes about.

Well, I'v found the source of the problem.

The reason was, I had too weak of a wireless adapter, and it gave off too weak of a signal for BF2, which resulted in that error showing up SO MANY times.

My adapter was a 2.4GHz, 802.11b.

What I did, was I got a 2.4GHz 802.11g

My mbps went from 11.Mpbs(Max mbps for 802.11b) to 54.Mbps, which is a noticable improvement.

Logged on BF2, played for an hour..not one "There is a problem with your connection" and still going well.

So, I advise all the victims to the "There is a problem with your connection" error(If it happens very frequently) to go out there, and get an 802.11g wireless adapter.

*NOTE:This only works for wireless connection users..Only wireless users use adapters.

Re: "There is a problem with your connection"-Solution!

Should have included "wireless users" in the thread title .

Comment

Good idea..but I think I was pushing the limit with title letters, probably couldn;t of fit much more=\

Comment

kind of obvious but at least you say what kind of adapter to get.

Comment

Lol i get this problem too at least once a day, I play a few hrs every day.

Have not got wireless, cable 10MB.
          This error is mostly the server I believe, whenever its happened to me... either the server has totally died or the map has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierOfChrist
            Well..I was recently one of the few who suffered from the "There is a problem with your connection" error while in online play. This error usally occurs if you have a wireless connection.

I know, everyone gets it..but not as much as I, and many other people did..every two minutes about.

Well, I'v found the source of the problem.

The reason was, I had too weak of a wireless adapter, and it gave off too weak of a signal for BF2, which resulted in that error showing up SO MANY times.

My adapter was a 2.4GHz, 802.11b.

What I did, was I got a 2.4GHz 802.11g

My mbps went from 11.Mpbs(Max mbps for 802.11b) to 54.Mbps, which is a noticable improvement.

Logged on BF2, played for an hour..not one "There is a problem with your connection" and still going well.

So, I advise all the victims to the "There is a problem with your connection" error(If it happens very frequently) to go out there, and get an 802.11g wireless adapter.

*NOTE:This only works for wireless connection users..Only wireless users use adapters.
            Yeah, 54Mbps is my adapter's speed, but it still gives me that error every now and then. But not every game, though. Maybe every few days or something.

Comment

Working...
            X