BF2142 Beta costs money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 Beta costs money?

I guess I am one of the few people in the world who won't create an account with File Planet. I have never needed to download anything that I could not find elsewhere for free. So why would I pay money to register an account with File Planet just to get a Beta of a game?

I have been a beta tester for over a dozen games in as many years and have never heard of a company charging people to help them find bugs in a product. Usually they offer incentives for doing it, they don't charge you to help them.

Seriously, with all the complaining about EA that goes on around here I am surprised no one has mentioned this yet. There have been hundreds of threads about EA fleecing us and this pay to play crap on a beta is ok?

I honestly think File Planet paid EA to be the only supplier of the BETA for the sole purpose of making money off it. It's a joke and I feel for anyone dumb enough to pay for something that has in the past been free by nature.

Re: BF2142 Beta costs money?

I think it is only for the early, early, beta. the next instalment will be available to a wider audience. IIRC

Comment

Don't waste money on retarded FP, just wait a while for the open beta. Besides, this current version is way too buggy and with the lag is almost unplayable.

Comment

I subscribed to get fast speeds with no wait.

Imagine you were in a situation where you needed to get a file before you have to leave the house...You don't have much time and the file is being downloaded by thousands of other people. The server is getting hammered. Slow speeds and all.

That's what i wanted FP for.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenRealms
          I subscribed to get fast speeds with no wait.

Imagine you were in a situation where you needed to get a file before you have to leave the house...You don't have much time and the file is being downloaded by thousands of other people. The server is getting hammered. Slow speeds and all.

That's what i wanted FP for.
          Ah, my weary net traveller, allow me to enilghten you. There is a site called Gamers Hell. www.gamershell.com

On this site if you search for a file be it a patch or a demo, not only will you find the file, but you will also be treated to a list of approx a dozen servers from all over the world to get the file from. It will also show you the max bandwidth of each server and how busy it is right now. Pick the one you want with the lowest use and *BANG*, full speed downloads with no wait. I have been using it for years now and all for free. I get the same files when you do, but most of the time, I get them faster.

Why exactly would this thread be moved?

Comment

Originally posted by parish
            Ah, my weary net traveller, allow me to enilghten you. There is a site called Gamers Hell. www.gamershell.com

On this site if you search for a file be it a patch or a demo, not only will you find the file, but you will also be treated to a list of approx a dozen servers from all over the world to get the file from. It will also show you the max bandwidth of each server and how busy it is right now. Pick the one you want with the lowest use and *BANG*, full speed downloads with no wait. I have been using it for years now and all for free. I get the same files when you do, but most of the time, I get them faster.
            Yup. I know of GamersHell. Used to be my best source until i found the great FilePlanet.

I get **** download speeds from GamersHell (250kbps). Especially when there's a new patch out. And yes, i do select the UK server.

At least with FP, i can get VIP servers And i get 800 - 900kbps download.

Each to his own.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenRealms
              Yup. I know of GamersHell. Used to be my best source until i found the great FilePlanet.

I get **** download speeds from GamersHell (250kbps). Especially when there's a new patch out. And yes, i do select the UK server.

At least with FP, i can get VIP servers And i get 800 - 900kbps download.

Each to his own.
              I get full speed 1200kbps from GH. That's the max on my connection and my buddy gets faster. Just throwing it out there for everyone because VIP or no, there is no sense paying for it if you can get it elsewhere faster and for free.

Comment

I get full speed 1200kbps from GH. That's the max on my connection and my buddy gets faster. Just throwing it out there for everyone because VIP or no, there is no sense paying for it if you can get it elsewhere faster and for free.
                Very nice speeds indeed.

Wish i had a faster connection, because 900kb is my max. If i get enough interest in my area, i'll soon be able to get 24mb!

But anyway, with FP i can get the exclusive betas...For a year!

I will admit one thing though, FP is a bit tacky and not good when it comes to making members feel like they've got what they paid for.

Comment

I refuse to "sign up" for FP just for 2142 beta. As for going there for no wait, gamershell is a good place NTM many other decent sites for download.

Comment

but can you get exclusive betas from Gamershell... 1st insight into new trailers & demos?

edit; i payed a year for FP and currently downloading the new warhammer mark of chaos beta ^^ theres gonna be plenty more coming no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SuperTyphoon
                      Don't waste money on retarded FP, just wait a while for the open beta. Besides, this current version is way too buggy and with the lag is almost unplayable.
                      It's completely playable for me... the bugs are there, yes, but they don't hinder gameplay very much. And what lag? Lag free for me

Comment

Working...
                      X