No announcement yet.

Memory leak ... any thing WORK to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory leak ... any thing WORK to fix?

ok.. other people have had this exact same problem that I do.. and it seems to be due to a known memory leak problem that sucks up system resources and virtual memory gradually after a few maps to the point of chugging the computer dead.

If I'm able to task manager out of the game, then I can look at the task manager performance tab and see that the game can hog up 2gb of PF usage easy.

when I last played this game several months ago, I didn't have this issue. The only thing that has changed is my mouse/keyboard combo and the 1.3/1.4 patch.

my system stats are higher end and I know that it's not because of my hardware as I run other high end games with no problems.

I have a logitech g-15 keyboard and on the system monitor, I can actually see the ram usage go up and up with every round.. it's like the game won't UNLOAD the map or resources it took up for the previous round... very frustrating.

I tried turning off the pagefile/virtual memory and the problem still existed, just did it faster.

Increasing the pagefile did not help.

Latest drivers on EVERYTHING did not help.

I tried an uninstall/reinstall of the game, tried patch versions 1.3 and 1.4 beta..

I had such high hopes for this game and always seem to have hopes for the patches that will fix the issue.... i'm saddened that EA has chose to ignore this issue as I have been a big fan of the BF series.. I'd like to say I'll buy BF2142.. but after purchasing BF2, BF2SF, and both booster packs.. well, I'm just about tapped out for purchasing buggy software that just sits around..

System specs

AMD athlon x64 3500+
    DFI Lanparty UT SLI DR-expert
    dual 6800GT in SLI
    3GB of RAM (kingston.. I'm no OC'ing my ram atm)
    Soundblaster audigy2 ZS

Re: Memory leak ... any thing WORK to fix?

I have exactly the same problem, except that I have 512mb ram and geforce 5700, and the only solution that works with me is restarting the game I know its annoying but it is the only way that works for me if anyone can help it would be great

Comment

I have the same thing going on and I have 2gb of ram. It is to the point i have to restart my machine to clear the mem.

Comment

same all to you I HATE that happen was that patch fault or what

Comment

what kind of drivers do you guys use? and does it only (or mainly) happen on punkbuster-enabled servers?

Comment

Arghhhh...the same thing happens to me.

HOW DO YOU FIX THIS?

Comment

Working...
            X