How to make IO better place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make IO better place

I would like to suggest for the next patch.

To implent IO gamemod better then now it is.
    you sad you maked the this gamemod for the clanners but clanners has some more options to make the infrantry more interesting.

To make it really finishd gamemod you have to add some more options
    to make it more intresting.

1.Flag by Flag mod option

it's very simple concept in the world of infrantry

let's take mashuur city 16 player version, there are 4 flags
    2 gray and 1 umsc and 1 mec.
    let give the umsc the start number 1 (main flag) and mec flag 4(main flag)
    and the 2 other gray flags 2,3 .

The words flag by flag just say it already how it must be played.
    You can't take flag 2 if the flag 3 isn't taken yet if you are mec side(main flag 4). If you where umsc side (main flag 1) you can't take 3 if you not have 2.

this option will cause more intense battle around a flag, this can cause some problems on 64 players server with 64 players where 32 vs 32 on one flag is just a little to much.

but Dice you could split the action so like umsc got HOTEL and get to square flag and the flag at the left side of the map (did forget the name about it)

2. no explosive option .

this includes no nades/c4/claymores
    this because some infrantry guy just love walking with the gun instead nadespamming/claymorespamming

3.ticket ratio adjustment for IO/ruglar rankend versions for 16 maps

Dice did you ever played public 16 maps.
    they lack game duration because most 16 maps has ticketbleed.

and if you have 100 tickets with 16 players the round is within 5 minutes over if one team can't get through there defense.
    on the normal version is worse because of the apc and tanks

In matches for 16 player maps the ticket count is on 200% but you can't get more point then the normal version of the 32/64 maps
    don't believe mee, then test it

all this will make the IO and even the ruglar version a better place.
    comments are welcome.

Re: How to make IO better place

Seems cool especially part two that will ruin IO for sure.. Flag by flag seems good already used in matches and I like it..

Comment

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]
      Seems cool especially part two that will ruin IO for sure.. Flag by flag seems good already used in matches and I like it..
      I just hope they will implent it for the next patch

Comment

Flag by Flag or Supply lines should have been in game from day one, not just for your precious IO mode

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
          Flag by Flag or Supply lines should have been in game from day one, not just for your precious IO mode
          we infrantry guys always called it flag by flag
          (bf1942 days)

Comment

First we take out Vehicles to create Infantry Only.
            Then we take out Explosives to create Fire and Cold arms only.
            After that we create Cold Arms only.
            And the last step is integration into the SIMS series.

1. Supply lines will create a "Hotel" scenario for each and every map. While its interesting concept, there will be no vehicles to break the stalemate, thus creating a pointwhorefest, something you have proven to like.

2. WTF?

3. Agreed. Although I think ticket rate should be proportional to the player limit set by the server.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
              First we take out Vehicles to create Infantry Only.
              Then we take out Explosives to create Fire and Cold arms only.
              After that we create Cold Arms only.
              And the last step is integration into the SIMS series.
              I know you don't like the IO mode already geez :laugh:

1. Supply lines will create a "Hotel" scenario for each and every map. While its interesting concept, there will be no vehicles to break the stalemate, thus creating a pointwhorefest, something you have proven to like.
              Called supply lines now?I heard about supply lines but it was scrapd because the lack of time.
              but is the same as my flag by flag option?

I like more action and not to walk 1km for some havy fights and when it's clear you must search each other again

2. WTF?
              .[/QUOTE]

Why WTF, it's clear option about explosive?
              or didn't we never played infrantry match

3. Agreed. Although I think ticket rate should be proportional to the player limit set by the server.

Yea but the problem is the ticketbleed on small 16 player servers.
              but it would be fun 32 players on 16 player map

Comment

Originally posted by Retuner
                I'd honeslty like to see 64 players on 16 player maps its so intense IO mode conquest mode supply line mode any mode would do me it makes a brilliant game.

Comment

Called supply lines now?I heard about supply lines but it was scrapd because the lack of time.
                  but is the same as my flag by flag option?
                  Supply lines = flag by flag

I like more action and not to walk 1km for some havy fights and when it's clear you must search each other again
                  Thats where you have cars and vehicles in regular BF2... Thats why you have strategic mind and look at the game, the map. Do you want to pad stats or do you want to force the opponent out of flags and win the game? I think I already know what you want...

Why WTF, it's clear option about explosive?
                  or didn't we never played infrantry match
                  I have, and I happen to believe that using explosives is a perfectly valid tactic to break stalemates. Just as using vehicles.

To smoke an opponent out from behind cover you do not necessarily have to battle bad netcode and hit detection. You just use a grenade. But oh wait... I guess you wasted all of yours by throwing them into random places before actually having a visual on the enemy, eh?

Claymores are an excellent anti-infantry defense method.

C4 is another excellent method of creating traps for stupid infantry players, which I doubt IO will lack in.

Grenade laucher elimination will take about the only advantage assault has, away...

Yea but the problem is the ticketbleed on small 16 player servers.
                  You youngling... untick the "Ranked" box and play in unranked servers. Theres plenty of servers with modified ticket count for small maps and bigger player limit.

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
                  I'd honeslty like to see 64 players on 16 player maps its so intense IO mode conquest mode supply line mode any mode would do me it makes a brilliant game.
                  Played, and it is indeed an amazing experience.

Comment

Supply lines = flag by flag

Thats where you have cars and vehicles in regular BF2... Thats why you have strategic mind and look at the game, the map. Do you want to pad stats or do you want to force the opponent out of flags and win the game? I think I already know what you want...

this about the IO mod not the normal version
                    and why is pad stats the flag by flag idea is comming around bf1942 days.

I have, and I happen to believe that using explosives is a perfectly valid tactic to break stalemates. Just as using vehicles. To smoke an opponent out from behind cover you do not necessarily have to battle bad netcode and hit detection. You just use a grenade. But oh wait... I guess you wasted all of yours by throwing them into random places before actually having a visual on the enemy, eh? Claymores are an excellent anti-infantry defense method.

C4 is another excellent method of creating traps for stupid infantry players, which I doubt IO will lack in.
                    again it's about the IO game mod also the idea to play without explosives on IO games is around bf1942 because some people dislike nade/claywars on IO mode
                    http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91728

Grenade laucher elimination will take about the only advantage assault has, away...
                    Grenade launcher is no explosive (oke it is but this the reason is kit balance medic vs aussalt )

You youngling... untick the "Ranked" box and play in unranked servers. Theres plenty of servers with modified ticket count for small maps and bigger player limit.
                    it' s suggestion

Comment

Played, and it is indeed an amazing experience.

Kubra dams got to be the best 16 player map with all the scaffolding and hidden places on the dam its brilliant i love it in fact its just a shame i can never find a server.

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
                        Kubra dams got to be the best 16 player map with all the scaffolding and hidden places on the dam its brilliant i love it in fact its just a shame i can never find a server.
                        there are unrankend infrantry servers
                        because the infrantry 16 map of kurba dam suit nice infrantry battles.

Comment

this about the IO mod not the normal version
                          and why is pad stats the flag by flag idea is comming around bf1942 days.
                          This will simply create a huge firefight at certain flags. With no vehicles, the stalemate cant be broken... Youll get these little "Karkand Hotels" on every map. IO mode and "supply lines" wont mix.

IO mode on normal maps (Im sure you wont even touch those) will require extensive hiking, and through that, you actually have to pick flags you attack. Supply lines will take away that need for thinking. IO and Supply Lines will take away both thinking and the risk of facing a challenge... But hey, aslong as it gets you more points, why not, eh

again it's about the IO game mod also the idea to play without explosives on IO games is around bf1942 because some people dislike nade/claywars on IO mode
                          http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91728
                          Dislike why? Because they prefer whining to facing the challenge and actually THINKING before rushing into a firefight or an alley?
                          Talk about stupid people in IO mode.

The only thing I dislike is FF-Off setting on claymores. I think its wrong.

Comment

Great ideas!

This is what they should had done:

1. 'Vehicle-lite' ranked map option:
                            • Replace Tank/APC spawns with Heavy Jeeps
                            • Replace AA vehicle spawns with Light Jeeps
                            • Remove Jets
                            • Replace Littlebird and Attack Helicopter spawns with Transport Helicopters

2. 'Vehicle-neutered' ranked map option:
                            Same as above but weapon's on the transport vehicles removed.

3. Also they should add 'Supply-line' ranked map option (you can only take flags in a certain order - the flag available to take would be highlighted in your HUD like a wounded soldier, except semi-transparent grey)

ALL maps of ALL sizes and ALL kits will be playable.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
                              Great ideas!

This is what they should had done:

1. 'Vehicle-lite' ranked map option:
                              • Replace Tank/APC spawns with Heavy Jeeps
                              • Replace AA vehicle spawns with Light Jeeps
                              • Remove Jets
                              • Replace Littlebird and Attack Helicopter spawns with Transport Helicopters

2. 'Vehicle-neutered' ranked map option:
                              Same as above but weapon's on the transport vehicles removed.

3. Also they should add 'Supply-line' ranked map option (you can only take flags in a certain order - the flag available to take would be highlighted in your HUD like a wounded soldier, except semi-transparent grey)

ALL maps of ALL sizes and ALL kits will be playable.
                              OMG harmor is not better to put in your sig instead spamming this around the topics

This will simply create a huge firefight at certain flags. With no vehicles, the stalemate cant be broken... Youll get these little "Karkand Hotels" on every map. IO mode and "supply lines" wont mix.
                              ehh that one of the idea's to create nice/huge firefights with the flag by flag option.

IO mode on normal maps (Im sure you wont even touch those) will require extensive hiking, and through that, you actually have to pick flags you attack. Supply lines will take away that need for thinking. IO and Supply Lines will take away both thinking and the risk of facing a challenge... But hey, aslong as it gets you more points, why not, eh
                              Ever heard about the word fun and fast action because some people like it.
                              also the problem with bf2 is that the flags have bigger distance then as in BF1942

Dislike why? Because they prefer whining to facing the challenge and actually THINKING before rushing into a firefight or an alley?
                              Talk about stupid people in IO mode.
                              it's option, so you have choice

also because IO is rankend and with flag by flag it would take more action ingame will result more points for sure is one of the reason you are against it.

because you already mentiond that IO gamemod is sort of statspadmod.
                              so there not really changes for discussion if you talk that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X