Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do servers admins kick players for simply to being good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do servers admins kick players for simply to being good?

Several of my members were recently kicked from a popular server and one of them was banned. They were all kicked at the end of the round. The reasons posted in-game varied from stats padding to hacking. Yet none of their admins when asked on TS had any evidence of it, nor had they themselves while playing seen anything suspicious. In fact nobody on the server had witnessed anything even remotely out of the ordinary. The reason my guys were kicked and one banned, was simply because their scores at the end of the rounds were consistently higher (20-30 points) than the other players.

It's not the first time my guys have been kicked from servers for being to good. No big deal, just find another server.
    Only this time the server admin made these untrue allegations in-game, as the reason for the kicks.
    No wonder so many players think the game is rampant of hackers when admins like this make false allegations without a shred of evidence to support it. The average pubber playing on that server has no idea the reasons were simply made up.

So why do some server admins kick for simply playing well?
    Be honest, why?

If your going to do it, at least state the real reasons for the kick instead of making up malicous, untrue, and unsupported allegations. Give the real reason, "KICKING Player ---> for being to good."
    If you want to be a server admin, at least try and be responsible.

Thank you.

Re: Why do servers admins kick players for simply to being good?

We will never kick for being good, that answers your question. To expand on that if someone comes on our TS they will receive a full explantion as they would if they made a post. Our admins are required to make a post with evidence for every ban they do, so this situation will never happen on our server and doesn't apply to us.

Comment

Looks like you have your OWN server....? Why bother with piddly stuff then?

Play on your own server and be you, and then you don't have to worry.....right?

Comment

You get used to the kicks and bans. It's an inescapable reality for me...

Comment

Yea I'm used to it by now. Alot of admins are little kiddy jerks who cant stand getting owned so they kick and ban. Just stay on servers you know have good admins if you can.

Comment

Yeah sometimes just the way some admins talk makes you think they are probably kids. I don't want to be ageist though.

Comment

I've noticed - The more i play this game, the less i get annoyed by stupidity like this.

Some weeks ago was the first time i got kicked for being "too good".

I was playing on a =SotD= clan server and about 4 guys of that clan were playing in a squad on the opposing team. It was right after the second time that i managed to wipe out all the clan guys in a row (on foot), i got kicked for "spamming radio messages" . 1 minute after reconnecting i got kicked for teamkilling before i even spawned :S

Comment

Figure this out. I was in first place, yesterday, by 15 points and the game was going to be over shortly as the enemy had 10 tickets left. Then bam I get kicked for breaking the server rules. No real reason, just breaking server rules. I dont even know what I did wrong. All I can figure is that I was booted so the number 2 guy could get the gold medal. Is this the only way some people can get gold? Geezzz. . . . . .Red

Comment

Becouse they are losers or they want to save the fun factor of the game. Whoring IS annoying...

Originally posted by redrider
                  Figure this out. I was in first place, yesterday, by 15 points and the game was going to be over shortly as the enemy had 10 tickets left. Then bam I get kicked for breaking the server rules. No real reason, just breaking server rules. I dont even know what I did wrong. All I can figure is that I was booted so the number 2 guy could get the gold medal. Is this the only way some people can get gold? Geezzz. . . . . .Red
                  If you have more points when you get kicked than the second guy at the end of the round YOU will get the gold medal. I know, becouse it happend to me...
                  Almost same happend to me

Comment

Why do all player think admins kick people for petty reasons. Yes some do, but many don't.

Comment

hmmm... down here in SA we have a bit of a problem. Thanks to our ****ty telecoms provider we have horrendous pings internationally and the cost of hosting ones own server run into the thousands (there is a bandwidth usage restriction in place - 3gig caps the norm). So we have only 4 servers to play on, resulting in the fact that most players locally in SA are very good as the servers are highly competitive.

Recently there have been more and more 'internationals' playing on the servers here in SA and often the comment comes up 'OMFG Haxxor..' from them. I'm pretty sure that most of these admins who kick for lame reasons like owning round after round, simply cannot get it into their heads that there are people out there who are very good at this game (alas I'm not one of them, yet)

I guess in the end, these clan servers and admins who kick simply for being good are just cheating themselves and will never know the joy of playing alongside players of quality and the thrill of winning medals fair and square against strong competition.

Comment

4 of my |SI| clan m8's scored in the top 5 in the "ground pounders" server a couple of weeks ago

Remember the thread "Kicked for getting gold", my clan got kicked for getting "gold, silver, & bronze"

They accused of of all using aimbots

Then they told us "get some skill hackers", & banned each, & every 1 of us

rotflmao

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace

Comment

Well, I know on our servers, we just implemented the "chat filters", which will warn you for swearing and whatnot a few times before a kick. This is something we had to do because we are starting to grow as a community, and dont want our servers to be seen as "trash talk central" I know I myself sometimes get warned because i forget and say "damn nice shot" or "**** dude". But you will be amazed of how many people get kicked now, because they dont pay attention when they get warned the first few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                            You get used to the kicks and bans. It's an inescapable reality for me...
                            Oh please...

Comment

If one or two players are majorly outclassing everyone else on the server, I have no problem kicking them at the start of the next round. And I'd tell them as much:

"Sorry, nothing personal. The rest of us will just enjoy the game more if we're not getting pwned by you."

Or something close. Take it as a compliment and move on.

Comment

Working...
                              X