Cannot Uninstall HELP!!! =(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Uninstall HELP!!! =(

This is unbelievable. I have never been so pissed off in my life....

Everytime I went and tried to join a server, it would crash. Even if I did the 'Join by IP' it'd crash. I'm not talking about when you're done loading a server, it'd just crash right when I clicked 'connect'.

So I said, "hey... must be a problem from where I uninstalled EA Downloader". I then went to try and uninstall it through "Add or Remove Programs" and it loads up the screen and then flashes and it doesn't do anything. I put in my CD and tried to uninstall that way, what did it do? It tried to install it.

I then tried installing it and it did NOTHING.

Does anyone know what's up? Please help me....

This game is PURE JUNK! How does this game get away with so many god damn bugs? It's horrifing to know that people could care less about these getting fix. When you do complain, they say 'well quit playing it'. Unbelivable... How lazy are you that you could care less about the status of a game?

::EDIT:: I don't get any kinds of errors. It just doesn't want to uninstall...

Re: Cannot Uninstall HELP!!! =(

Goto:

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
    open each folder 1 by 1, and open the Setup.ini file with NOTEPAD

...when you find one that has BF2 in it...delete the entire folder.

You should be able to uninstall now.
    If not, you must manually by simply deleting everything BF2 related, including Registry entries.

This problem has been around since the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by abtomat74
      Goto:

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
      open each folder 1 by 1, and open the Setup.ini file with NOTEPAD

...when you find one that has BF2 in it...delete the entire folder.

You should be able to uninstall now.
      If not, you must manually by simply deleting everything BF2 related, including Registry entries.

This problem has been around since the demo.
      Thanks!! Appriciate it, installing it now! But, what about Battlefield 2142?

Comment

What about 2142?

???

Comment

It's doing exactly the same thing as Battlefield 2 would. It's not letting me uninstall it, and when I try to it just flashes the uninstall process and then immediatly closes!

Comment

When I tried to uninstall, it came up with an error and all my icons for uninstalling bf2 went poof!...lol

This shows you how to totally wipe bf2 off your pc.

Sorry if I'm to late :-(

Comment

That method of deleting the InstallShield Installation Information folder should work for any game/program that behaves in the manner in which you are having problems.

As long as you make sure you are only deleting the folder that belongs to the game/program in question...easily checked by using NOTEPAD.

Comment

Working...
              X