cant play on 32inch lcd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant play on 32inch lcd

First time i tried playing bf2 on my LN-S3251D it crashed right back to the desktop, so ok i thought, ill change my resolution to the same that i use to play fear on it, so i have to turn off the pc,unhook the lcd and hook back up my 19in and set resolution back to 1024x768. Unhook everything, hook back up my 32in now with that resolution the game launches and i can get into options when i log into an offline account but as soon as i try to log in using my online account it crashes back to the desktop.
    Im wandering what the issue is with the screen,what to change, and how to do it without loading bf2, because its a big hassle turning off the pc and reconnecting everytime just to load different settings. Everything works fine on my 19in viewsonic.
    thanks

Re: cant play on 32inch lcd

It would take all of one time of me unhooking and redoing it, before i said fuk it and the 32 became a dust collector.

Comment

dont click join game, press escape and that will let you in.
      How much memory you running?

Comment

delete all of the contents of the ..\My Documents\Battlefield 2 folder

Comment

Originally posted by -=AudigyXi=-
          It would take all of one time of me unhooking and redoing it, before i said fuk it and the 32 became a dust collector.
          Send your 32" to me and I'll give it a good home.

Comment

what Gfx card are u useing?

Comment

Yes indeed for a 32" it has to be a good card. Maybe that's the reason you get those screens? Any further specs to add tripin?

Comment

i cant even get to join game screen it crashes at login under 32", and am running 2gigs of ram.
                Im using a 7800GT, so that shouldnt be the problem as FEAR works perfectly on the 32". All my hardware exceeds anything needed to play.
                talus - I will try deleting all that and reconnecting it and post back with results

Comment

LCDs monitors are notorious for causing CTDs after switching without deleting all of your BF2 settings.

Speaking from personal experience x 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                    delete all of the contents of the ..\My Documents\Battlefield 2 folder
                    More specifically, if you dont want to lose all your control settings, just do a search for "video.con" and delete all those.

This problem occurs whenever you upgrade to a widescreen monitor becuase BF2 does not support those resolutions. You have to delete/edit your video.con files to get them back to default since they will be set to your last monitors resolution. Then you usually have to force a resolution that is supported by your monitor by adding a string into the BF2 shortcut. Do a search for "widescreen" and you will find topics that explain the syntax.

Comment

thanks right on the money, i deleted the folder, and just got back from playing a game, apparently highest resolution i can choose with it though is 1024x768, didnt need to add any string to shortcut and image looked good, nothing appeared stretch. Would i still benefit though from adding any strings as to my eyes it appears everything is fine though.

Comment

Originally posted by trippin
                        thanks right on the money, i deleted the folder, and just got back from playing a game, apparently highest resolution i can choose with it though is 1024x768, didnt need to add any string to shortcut and image looked good, nothing appeared stretch. Would i still benefit though from adding any strings as to my eyes it appears everything is fine though.
                        Yes, you can force higher resolutions by adding strings to the shortcut. I have a 24" widescreen monitor with a 1900x1200 native resolution. If I happend to have a powerful graphics card (which I dont) it would be a waste for me to be playing at 1024x768...

Wait, 1024x768 is not widescreen. You are definately stretched. If you like it that way then cool, if not then you can force your TV's native resolution of 1366x768 using the following command line in your shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1366 +szy 768

Of course you will need to make sure you change the path to the .exe file to match yours.

Keep in mind
                        1) Monitors look better at their native resolution
                        2) BF2 will cut some of your view off from the top and bottom if you change it to this widescreen resolution (I dont even notice).

Comment

Thanks! resolution is actually 1360x768, and after setting that and auto readjusting my screen in settings, everything looks great, and the whole screen is covered!

Comment

Working...
                          X