Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help

Hi and thanks in advance for helping me and beleive me if you do help me i will be eternally gratefull. i will bow down to you, kiss the very ground that you walk on.....anyway moving on.

Heres my story
    It all started about a month ago when i got battlefeild 2 with my pizza (pizza hut deals lol). I installed it quick, played a singleplayer to get the feel but the thing i was really interested in was the multiplayer. So after that i went to join internet and a list of serverss came up. one of them had a ping of 116 and 15/16 players on so i decided to join that one. Clicked join server and "connecting to server" came up for about 4 seconds.....and then it came up with "Failed to Connect. Please check your network connections.":cry: So for the rest of the month i tried to find a way to get it to work. I set up a static ip. I forwarded all the ports it said in the manual.Still didnt work. Enabled the DMZ. Still didnt work. Enabled UnPnp. Still didnt work. Tried all that about another hundred times over. Still didnt work. Ended up wrecking my router and having to buy a new one by trying to "bridge" it.(someone told me it wouldnt block any ports if i did that).

So i come to my point. How is it possible that it wont work?
    Ive tried everything and ive run out of ideas.

So can anyone tell me why it isnt working and what i need to do?
    Please if you can i will be forever gratefull. I desperately need you guys help

P.S Yes i did turn my firewall off. I even uninstalled it at one stage. I followed the guides on www.portforward.com to forward the ports. I have a Netcomm NB5PLUS4 router (it isnt wireless.) My isp is bigpond victoria

So please tell me what i am doing wrong:cry:

Re: Please Help

have you patched to version 1.3?

Comment

no i didnt know you had to patch it just to get it to work on multiplayer
      <|

The main thing stopping me is the 534 mb file siza

Comment

there arent many servers around still running 1.0, near all now are running 1.3 because of the amount of bugs there are in BF2 , all the patches along the way have been around 400-530mb in size

Comment

Originally posted by Build-A-Bridge
          The main thing stopping me is the 534 mb file siza
          Why would that stop you? Unless you are using dial up, are you using dial up?

Comment

so i cant play on servers that arnt the same patch version as me ?

Its stopping me because i have a 10 gb download cap and ive already used 9 gb this month .

Comment

ouch, thats why aol are so nice to me!

Well download it and dont download anymore till next month!

Comment

Originally posted by Build-A-Bridge
                so i cant play on servers that arnt the same patch version as me ?

Its stopping me because i have a 10 gb download cap and ive already used 9 gb this month .
                find a mate who already has it, and get them to burn it to a cd

Comment

ok i will thanks for all of your help everyone i really am grateful

ill post back when i get the patch and tell you if it works
                  if it does youll probably see me a bit around the forums

PS. Does anyone still have dial up? i only know a few people who still have dial up and there not exactly hard-core internet gamers

Comment

Working...
                  X