This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patch 1.4 News

The sever I played on said it is ranked. (I saw, ranks, could use unlocks ect.) but my stats did not update, maybe it is not ranked...

Comment

SO is the 1.4 patch out yet or what?

Comment

Originally posted by funk3h
        Incremental up at www.platinumbullets.com

THANKS HOSSI74
        I wouldnt turst that source... But its ur Game/PC that might get ruined/crashed/virus.

BTW..

Comment

Ahh i got the download to work.

Does the patch work fine with bf2 sf including IO?

Comment

Remember this quote from the community update?
            "It has come to our attention that a beta version of the 1.4 client has leaked to the general public. It should be noted by players that this file is not final and being such could cause damage to players systems.

We want to warn players to avoid the use of any client files that are not distributed by EA/DICE or one of our trusted partners. Once we have set a new schedule for release we will communicate this information to everyone.
            "

Comment

right once you lot have download and want to have an exe, click install and it will convert it to exe then head over to your cache folder and fit setup.exe i just did this with 1.4 incremental so now im ready to go providing this is official i have the 1.4 incremental exe 140mb

Originally posted by Older-OMO
              "It has come to our attention that a beta version of the 1.4 client has leaked to the general public. It should be noted by players that this file is not final and being such could cause damage to players systems.

We want to warn players to avoid the use of any client files that are not distributed by EA/DICE or one of our trusted partners. Once we have set a new schedule for release we will communicate this information to everyone.
              "
              what and you really think they would then stick it up a week later on the ea downloader i think not

Comment

It has come to our attention that a beta version of the 1.4 client has leaked to the general public. It should be noted by players that this file is not final and being such could cause damage to players systems.

"
                tbh i find that part BS

system damage part

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                  tbh i find that part BS

system damage part

DITTO

Comment

also if you want to download it change;

displayable = FALSE

to

displayable = TRUE

easy as that

Comment

"
                      The problem is that EA Downloader is a part of EA/DICE so ..

And even .. think about this:
                      You download this patch, no? If today EA/DICE announce the release you have already your patch in your hdd ..

Comment

Is it just me or is anyone else a bit warry of this? For one, in order to dl this, it must be "hacked", two, the file size seems a bit small for this patch's proposed changelog.

I know that anybody worth their salt would have backed up before dl and installing, but I just get the feeling that only bad things can come from using this before the official release.

Call me paranoid, but I will just wait until everything is official.

Comment

"
                          Can be... but i downloaded it today from EA-Downloader and just uploaded it.

If this is the BS-version you can thank EA/Dice cause that file was definately distributed by their EA-Downloader :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hossi74
                            Can be... but i downloaded it today from EA-Downloader and just uploaded it.

If this is the BS-version you can thank EA/Dice cause that file was definately distributed by their EA-Downloader :-)
                            just blame ea/dice for another buggy program

Comment

Yes, good to download in advance.

No, bad to download another beta patch.

I can't play until tonight anyway. Have to wait for the servers to patch, so I can be patient (not really) waiting to get home and start the long download of the full.

Comment

For those of you that can't download via the HTTP link posted earlier then have provided made a torrent option.

Just grab it from here :

Again, this is a 1.4 patch that I obtained this morning via the EAD by playing around with some config files. It's not our fault if it sets your computer on fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X