ladders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladders

when someone start climbing a ladder in the top of the ladder u see a figure then its is gone

when someone goes down from a ladder in the bottom of the ladder u see a figure then its gone.

look at a ladder and u know when an enemy starts climbing.

and another thing: while going down a ladder. press 'left shift' to go down faster

EDIT: when u start climb a ladder u can change camera with 'c'

use the fly by camera, the camera will be still and look behind u so u can se if someone follows u.

Re: ladders

I'm not sure what you're getting at? But the last little tip is useful, I didn't know that!

Comment

I didnt knew you can "sprint down". Thanks.

Comment

You sort of "slide" down the ladder when pressing the sprint button.

I can't make heads or tails out of the other statements about seeing a figure "and it's gone"?

Comment

if you are looking at the mini map and you see someone there and then they are gone they are probably on a ladder ... or dead... and if you see someone on a roof and they dissapear they are on a ladder... or dead... and i saw the slide down the ladder in a bf2 movie and already knew that but thanks anyways....

Comment

Originally posted by jgoodwin27
            if you are looking at the mini map and you see someone there and then they are gone they are probably on a ladder ... or dead... and if you see someone on a roof and they dissapear they are on a ladder...
            Ah, I see. Thanks for that.

Comment

no i mean when someone climbs up u see him at the top of the ladder and he disapear.

Comment

He isn't disappearing. At the top of the ladder the image of his character just "relocates" to the roof top. It's like entering a jeep. you don't see the character model actually open the door and sit down inside, it just reappears inside and outside to make things quick and easy.

Comment

no... what he means and i see it all the time is that, when someone starts to climb a ladder u will see their figure at the top but they havent hit the top yet, so you know they are coming, for instance, sitting at hotel flag in karkand, stare at the ladder if you see an enemy appear at the top of the ladder then disappear they started climbing the ladder so be prepared for them in a few seconds. it has always been like this and it never changes. its another joyeous hitbox/lag issue

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                    I didnt knew you can "sprint down". Thanks.
                    Just hit the back button quickly to slide down the latter. Its faster then hitting shft.

(ie the button to move forward or backward etc)

Comment

yes its a very well known bug.

At image of the enemy appears at the very top of the ladder for a split second as they start to climb up from the bottom. This is the reason why sometimes you'll climb up a ladder to find someone seems to "magically" know your coming.

Comment

Originally posted by jgoodwin27
                        if you are looking at the mini map and you see someone there and then they are gone they are probably on a ladder ... or dead... and if you see someone on a roof and they dissapear they are on a ladder... or dead... and i saw the slide down the ladder in a bf2 movie and already knew that but thanks anyways....
                        Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me too.

Another tip that I view as common sense, but that I still don't see used often:

If you are sniping or whatever on a roof, and an enemy artillery blast comes out of nowhere, run to the ladder you used to get up and slide down about 10 feet. (my estimate, hard to apply distances in games) Since you are vertical, and artillery comes vertically, you probably will not be hit. It's the same idea as shooting an AT rocket at the feet of a guy, except in reverse; you are more likely to be hit with the more surface area you present. As I said, this seems like common sense, but I rarely see it applied.

You may be more likely to be hit by ground fire, but I usually take my chances with a handheld firearm, rather than huge exploding mortar shells.

EDIT: A good commander is quite likely to hit you with the first strike, so I wouldn't expect you to survive very often, unless you know that the enemy artillery has fired. (Which I personally ALWAYS call out, and would like to see more people do the same)

Comment

Working...
                        X