Video Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Problem

Ok, my monitor won't support high Hz such as 150, I was gonna try a video mode in 150 Hz and now my monitor goes blank with the message Frequency out of range or something. I'd like to know how to manually change video resolution/refresh rate. I tried reinstalling but that did nothing. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Video Problem

have you tried going thru the options on the monitor itself usually they have a menu button that allows you to change the colour/brightness?

Comment

Well it switches all of this when the game starts. How can I get the game to run in a window without going in the game to change that setting? Because it would run at my desktops settings in that window I believe.

Comment

you can edit the .con file for the video settings i think, its found in your my documents bf2 folder, editing it with notepad assuming it will show the Hz for the monitor,

what type of monitor do you have?

Comment

yeah in ur
          C:\Documents and Settings\NAME\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001

theres a video con file and u will see something that looks simliar to (this is wat i have) "VideoSettings.setResolution 800x600@60Hz" so change the @150Hz or somethign

Comment

Hey thanks ConscriptVirus, that fixed it. I just couldn't find the right file to change video settings, I was always looking in program files/Battlefield2.

Comment

Working...
            X