Graphics Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Card

Everytime I try to play Battlefield...the screen just blinks and goes back to the desktop. I ordered a new graphics card. Could it be the graphics card that i have in my computer right now, or something else? I hope it's not anything else...

Re: Graphics Card

Originally posted by Salesman09
    Everytime I try to play Battlefield...the screen just blinks and goes back to the desktop. I ordered a new graphics card. Could it be the graphics card that i have in my computer right now, or something else? I hope it's not anything else...
    specs

Comment

IF you have a hardware problem, you M U S T list your computers specs. There is no way of knowing without details

Comment

You need to help me to help you. Need specs, any recent changes that you have done, etc..

Next time please post threads like these in the BF2 Support forum.

Comment

I have the exact same problem 80% of the time I got to play BF2. The resolutions I have found for this is restarting several times or if it still doesn't work. Do a full reinstall of BF2. I have reinstalled maybe 10 times in the last month. It is getting so frustrating. This has happened twice at really bad times (During clan match / practice).

It didn’t used to do it pre 1.3 patch.

I hope the new patch fixes it, but yeah maybe it is something to do with graphics cards. If the patch doesn't fix it for me I will upgrade.

My Specs:

ASUS SLI Deluxe M/B
          AMD 64bit 3200+
          2x 6600GT’s Running in SLI

Comment

@ Both: Have you updated your graphics card drivers?

Comment

^I have Nforce Tweaked Drivers. I have had had trouble with the standard drivers previously causing issues with only using 1 of my cards and not using SLI. I guess I could try go back to the original updated drivers and see if that fixes it. Good Idea. Might wait for the patch first though to see if that fixes it.

Comment

I got 512MB RAM
                3.1GHZ computer P4 proccessor....
                aboout to get a Geforce 6600, it saids its copatable with BF2

Comment

^What card do you have atm? As per previous post, have you tried upgrading / reinstall of graphics card drivers?

Comment

I got a card that came with the computer. It's a Intel graphics card. Doesn't even have a 3d accelerator on it...it sucks, I was just wondering can i play the game on decent setting when i get this card? I don't know how to reinstall the drivers

Comment

With 1 6600GT I think you should be able to have around Medium Settings on 1024x768. Depends if the server is 16, 32 or 64 player. You could probably put it on High with out it lagging out on a 16 plr server.

I would recommend getting another 512mb of RAM though.

Comment

Originally posted by Salesman09
                        I got a card that came with the computer. It's a Intel graphics card. Doesn't even have a 3d accelerator on it...it sucks, I was just wondering can i play the game on decent setting when i get this card? I don't know how to reinstall the drivers

You did right to get a new graphics card because your current onboard intel graphics card wont play BF2. That is why you kept crashing to desktop.

A normal 6600 should play BF2 on low/medium settings.

Comment

Working...
                        X