Help...please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...please!

I have recently bought and installed Battlefield2: Delux Edition(Includes BF2 SF)

And..when I play online, I got the following message every 2-3minutes.

"There is a problem with your connection"

It will freeze for around 5seconds, and then I can continure playing.

I heard its my wireless..I have a netgear wireless router, and a good computer..(Made for gaming, and yes, it does meet the rewurments for BF2)
    Please help me out here..

Is there ANY way whatsoever to fix this problem with out wiring my router? or without buying a new router? ANY WHATSOVER?

Re: Help...please!

dont really kno but ive heard a lot of this problem with wireless but i never bothered to read them since i dont use wireless....but something tells me that u should try this:

STart>run> type in "services.msc" and scroll down and select "Wireless Zero Configuration" right click on that and go to Properties and where it says "Automatic" or "Manual" disable it and then stop the service or reboot...if this doesnt work or im way off ..then yeah...it shouldnt harm ur system tho i think

Comment

Thanks, but I rather not disable it or anything..

Another thing, I use a 2.4 GHz, 802.11b wireless adapterIf I got 802.11g would that fix it?

Comment

Any chance you're using WPA security?
        Do you live close to other houses? Wireless phones will often interfere with the router

Comment

Originally posted by knghtwhosaysni
          Any chance you're using WPA security?
          Do you live close to other houses? Wireless phones will often interfere with the router
          802.11b cant use WPA, WEP 128bit is the best it can achieve,

enabling WEP 128bit encrytion would be an idea, i was using wireless to play bf2 with that setup, but the connection problem bug was getting more consistent so i switched back to being wired

Comment

Ok i have it to that lag problem and i'm going to try to change from WPA to WEP

(i have the same topic 9 min. earliur)

Comment

Thanks for the ideas..

But..as I asked before.

Would switching to 802.11g fix it?

Just wanta know..cause I know someone mentioned it on something about a while ago..

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierOfChrist0
                Would switching to 802.11g fix it?
                NO.

switching to wired would probably not fix it either, you know most ppl, if not all suffer with lost connection at some point. its inherent to the game code, not so much you and your kit.

even if you try everything to eliminate it, it will be like trying to chase your shadow.

you ask a player with the biggest and best kit, and wired super router, nice net connection and he will tell you he too, gets lost connection, or pauses in the game.

adam

Comment

Isnt this just another1 of them annoying problems that comes with 1.3?

Comment

mmmh.... switching to 128bit helps a little bit more but if you change the channel to 13 it will help even more cos allmost nobody is on channel 13

Comment

Originally posted by UltrAdamSki
                      NO.

switching to wired would probably not fix it either, you know most ppl, if not all suffer with lost connection at some point. its inherent to the game code, not so much you and your kit.

even if you try everything to eliminate it, it will be like trying to chase your shadow.

you ask a player with the biggest and best kit, and wired super router, nice net connection and he will tell you he too, gets lost connection, or pauses in the game.

adam
                      I think you misunderstood dude.

I know everyone gets it, but I get it ever 2-3 minutes.

Mt friend, who owns BF2 almost never gets it..once a game at most..same thing with many other people I know who play BF2.

I get thise problem more than it should happen.

Comment

Several ppl from my Clan have these Connection Problems with WLAN and they all use Netgear Hardware. I have a dirt cheap MSI WLAN Router and a USB WLAN Dongel (!!!) in my PC, WPA encrypted, 54Mbit Connection and NO Problem at all.
                        I wonder if its that Netgear Hardware that causes the Problem.

I use the build-in WLAN Configuration tool of Windows XP and not the tool that came with the Router/Dongle.

Check your Router Configuration if there is a way to limit the Bandwidth for the Wlan connection. Dont use max. Bandwidth if your Router switches the Datarate due to bad Wlan Connection to your PC. I can do that in the advanced WLAN settings. Try 12Mbit or lower WLAN Datarate and see if it helps.

Comment

most people i know that have wireless and play BF2 get this problem. theres only one preson i know does not have any connection problems ( and no one knows why ). the others have fixed the problem by connecting to there router with a network cable.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierOfChrist
                            I think you misunderstood dude.

I know everyone gets it, but I get it ever 2-3 minutes.

Mt friend, who owns BF2 almost never gets it..once a game at most..same thing with many other people I know who play BF2.

I get thise problem more than it should happen.
                            hiya,

i did understand, and appreciate that every 2-3 mins is a lot, what i was saying was, that even if you do all the measures mentioned on these forums, you will maybe be able to lessen that, but it will still be there, cause of the game...which is agreat shame.

i say all that cause i have tweaked and optimized all these things for a year and have manged to get to a situation where some rounds it doesnt happen at all, but others it can happen 3-4 times, now often i log back on the server to find out that it was a server crash, so not my problem, but some servers seem to be worse than others, i am sure and dependant on the map, the are serving.

even when, as a test bed, i swtched back to cabled, still the same pattern of inconsistent connection losses, some never, sometimes a lot. its got to be in the hands of someone else other than our connections. so from testing i have no benefit to be on cable, as i get the same behaviour when it occurs.

try the punkbuster sleep thing, changing your wi-fi channel, 128bit wep and see if that can help reduce it somewhat, good luck

Comment

Well guys, sorry to burst you're bubble because I use NetGear provided by AOL and I only get that message once in like 15games, sometimes i go like 1 week without getting it.. So maybe try think of another excuss cos it's not NetGear, but it could be you're connection to the Server, say 60% of server are provided by uSA Host, you may live far away from there causing lag, i dunno, thats what i think.. And by the way, i also have a wireless phone next to my PC and it dont affect me. Im not lieing either!!

Comment

Working...
                              X