Strange lag problem pllz help :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange lag problem pllz help :(

Ok here's my question i have wireless internet and i play bf2 on medium/low (my video card can hendel high)

if i play the game it sometimes frezes and in the middel of the screen comes "There's a problem with your connection" when i alt tab and look to my wireless connection it says that the connection is high (means that i have a good connection)

but...
    if i dont alt tab it stays on for like 2 á 3 secs and then i can move agian/play
    but in those 3 secs i can not do anything

it's verry anoying if i'm flying the plane or chopper

Pllz help me

(i have a X1600 video card)

Re: Strange lag problem pllz help

It'll be the fact ur playing bf2 over wireless as i have read on numerous occations that wireless just doesnt cut it when it comes to playing bf2.

Comment

nah i dont think so....

Comment

Originally posted by james_1991-fight
        It'll be the fact ur playing bf2 over wireless as i have read on numerous occations that wireless just doesnt cut it when it comes to playing bf2.
        I agree with James. I know someone that keeps getting that same problem. He cant fix it any other way. I think he has a wireless connection so thats his problem.

Comment

ok wait i have deforced parents @ my moms place my computer hasnt got this lag **** but the wireless internet is slower then at my dads place and at my dads place the internet is faster but i have that lag **** (+ my comp. is faster at my dads place)

Comment

I dont know but wireless gamming is not that good, I personaly had a wireless connection and when ever playing bf2 i get connection lost for 2-3 sec, that was even before any patch was released until i got cable everything was fine. anyways try scanning for viruses and spywares then reinstall bf2, defrag, shut down AV and firewall or any unneccesary applications and launch bf2.hope it helps.

Comment

tried to update punkbuster?

Comment

Forgot to mention that also good point, here is the link to punkbuster

Comment

try CfosSpeed...its a program that boost up your connection..believe me its really effective,more up/down speed,less pings,less lag,etc,etc.

Our entry page. Choose for which product you need information: 1. cFosSpeed: The Internet Accelerator, Traffic Shaping / Bandwidth Management. 2. cFos Ipv6 Link for connectivity with the new IPv6 3. High speed dial-up cFos Broadband Connect.

trial version its free for 30days. give it a shot! after instalation u have to give higher priority to bf2.exe and activate the favour ping time option before u go playing online.

Favour Ping Time
                  On: cFosSpeed will minimize ping times at the expense of slightly reduced bandwidth (if necessary).
                  Off: cFosSpeed will maximize bandwidth at the expense of slightly higher ping times (if necessary).

on that page u have a link to a list of the supported internet suppliers in the world,check it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Føxx
                    ok wait i have deforced parents @ my moms place my computer hasnt got this lag **** but the wireless internet is slower then at my dads place and at my dads place the internet is faster but i have that lag **** (+ my comp. is faster at my dads place)
                    best bet is to try a network cable

as for the internet being faster wireless working etc, etc

no 2 internet connections are the same plus the wireless at one address may be different to the one at other, the wireless may be getting more interfearance at one place and not the other, or you have different qaulity wireless equipment, all these things can alter the way your internet connection works,

the quickest and easyest way to find out if it is the wireless connection thats the cause of your problems is to get a network cable and give it a try.

hint: i think its the wireless is the cause of your problems

Comment

Working...
                    X