2 topics in this thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 topics in this thread...

First, I jus (apparently) got to Staff Sargeant, i was like WOOO HOOO!!!
    WIth that, TOW ribbon the the air defence ribbon, also WOO HOO!!!
    Now, i dun haVe them! BOO!! :cry:

I must say i am not the best of players, my KD is sh!t, my accuracy is down the drain, getting these 'awards' is like a HUGE accomplishment for me... but this is dissapointing... its been around 2 days since this has happened... any thoughts?

================================================== ==========

TOpic 2

M24 VS. M95

IMO these snipers are basically the same, the M95 does a tad more damage.
    these two weapons need 2 shots to kills someone.. so y is the m95 eVen an upgrade?

jus my thoughts

PS. DONT FLAME ME COS I GOT SOMEHTING RONG....

Re: 2 topics in this thread...

for the first question I think your score has not been updated yet.
    for the second one The m24 and m95 do the same damage for lite kits while heavy kits takes less damage with m24 but same damage with m95 + can go through glass to kill people inside hmv's, helos,planes so i do see an advantage.

Comment

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

my aiming sVcks with the sniper against Vehicles...

Comment

Originally posted by vika09
        First, I jus (apparently) got to Staff Sargeant, i was like WOOO HOOO!!!
        WIth that, TOW ribbon the the air defence ribbon, also WOO HOO!!!
        Now, i dun haVe them! BOO!! :cry:

I must say i am not the best of players, my KD is sh!t, my accuracy is down the drain, getting these 'awards' is like a HUGE accomplishment for me... but this is dissapointing... its been around 2 days since this has happened... any thoughts?

================================================== ==========

TOpic 2

M24 VS. M95

IMO these snipers are basically the same, the M95 does a tad more damage.
        these two weapons need 2 shots to kills someone.. so y is the m95 eVen an upgrade?

jus my thoughts

PS. DONT FLAME ME COS I GOT SOMEHTING RONG....
        firstly congrats on the promotion, always nice!

lol, i aint gonna flame you, possibly correct something, the m24 and m95 are not 2 shot kill weapons as a be all and end all statement, it all depends on the sniper behind the trigger. hell it could even take 3/+ shots if you were cracking them off at their ankles!!

i have had plenty of one-shot-one-kill with both weapons and the l96a1

if they are head shots - or the soldier is low on health anyway, for a trunk shot!

i started off using and thinking, unwisely IMHO, in hindsight that the m95 was the bees knees, put in a high percentage of my sniper hours with that at my side, i then switched to the l96a1 and that is now predominantly the rifle of choice for me when in sniper class.

but, like all things its a question of personal taste, personally for me, the only MAJOR benefit i can see with the barret is ability to go through helo, plane and vehicle glass and corregated fencing and plane hangars. but i dont loiter at those spots so the portable instant accuracy for me wins that over.

i prefer the l96a1 with its finer crosshair and the accuracy it affords me at long ranges, taking into account bullet drop.

i am sure there have been so many threads historically on this forum about which sniper rifle is the best and what not, i profess NOT to know ultimately but i snipe better with the l96a1, but try them all, i have some days where i love the m24 to bits, after all this is the usmc sniper weapon of choice is it not irl? and they aint gonna be wrong.

adam

Comment

i wish i could afford SF.... IMO i dont like the l96, waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much drop on the bullet, the m95 is sooo good, jus need to aim like a pixel or 2 more at 400 meters and up!

or probably because i suck at timing the shot rite, i hate targets that moVe way tooo hard...

booo hooo still cant get my promotion... lol

btw UltrAdamSki can u comment on my stats?
          greatly apprieciated...

Comment

Originally posted by vika09
            i wish i could afford SF.... IMO i dont like the l96, waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much drop on the bullet, the m95 is sooo good, jus need to aim like a pixel or 2 more at 400 meters and up!

or probably because i suck at timing the shot rite, i hate targets that moVe way tooo hard...

booo hooo still cant get my promotion... lol

btw UltrAdamSki can u comment on my stats?
            greatly apprieciated...
            sure, i am not a stats kind of guy mind, looking at your sniper figures, you appear to have a lot of deaths for the ammount of kills you have executed., now this could be because you are much more of a in the mix of the game type sniper, like dashing around and knifing, pistoling nading about, this would clearly explain those stats.

theres 2 types of sniper i have met, maybe more, one is as i have just described, that behaves like a normal infantry man but in the sniper class, guess they like the warm ghillie suit and the cowboy tassles

the other, which i firmly place myself in and believe is much closer to IRL, is the lonewolf sniper, i really did dig in deep somewhere that wasnt known as a sniper spot, delibarately contrary in my sniping positions, would never get atop a structured building, as you are too easily skylined, and your claymore you place @ top of ladder, dead give away to anyone as to whos up there for a nicely chucked nade, or a bit of cowardly cartillery! the game engine also makes the character seem shakily hovering when on top of abuilding, like some kind of DT, Tourettes class?!!! - i would never prone on the summit of a hill, again, easy to spot from miles away, would always look for the ledge half way down the hill, to blend in with the shadows the ledge can throw, was always after the foliage and natural hide, i didnt go for the easy option, i would box around a long way to get to my preferred destination, sometimes delibaretly going off on a dogleg to throw off any watchers, normally it was worth the time doing that as imost rounds i would never be approached by anyone having seen me and compromising the spot. then i could get a full round in of measured shots. on that note, and i cant blame commanders for this, but it would frustrate me when having spent the effort only to have a commander think he was doing me a favour by supply drop (which in a round you shouldnt need as a sniper, existing supplies should be adequate) and/or vehicle drop. theres a sure way of saying enemy soldier at this spot, again NOT there fault at all, just didnt compliment my sniping style.

i am not meaning to sound as if i am a great sniper, as i am not, far from it, there are FAR, FAR better snipers out there in terms of there accuracy, but i place myself as ONE (of not too many i might add) of the best at going to great lengths immersing myself, as sniper, in as real - a feeling situation for that class as a game allows, if you like, i took it too seriously. you need a lot of patience and mustnt have a need for glory or showmanship the way i played. i am now more of an all rounder as my avatar alludes to, and enjoy a new lease of life from the game, quite the opposite in terms of style, i love the brazen in the action power of the anti-tank class

anyway i am spoiling the thread as per usual by rambling on as robert plant said.

just to reitearate, if your askng me too look at your stats was genuine and not sarcastic, then i am flattered, but would not be able to do justice to an overall comment on your 'game' - looks good though to my lamen, untrained mark 1 human eyeball, just go with the flow and let the game take you along on its wonderful rollercoaster (i am one of the non-game/ea/dice bashers, i think its brilliant, and long may it continue)

you saying you hate moving targets reminded me of one time playing iron gator, when i was on the carrier, funnily enought with the m95, an enemy rib was in the vicinity teatering in the visible range, with the haze, and was firing off from the mmg onboard and moving on, now i realize the following account could have been made up, but it isnt, said the joker to the thief, lol - serious, i am not one for BS and war-stories, but the odd occasion i get them, i will make mention.

i went prone overhanging the carrier and brought up the scope and spent a 45 seconds plus, just following him in the sights, smoothly placing the crosshair junction ahead and above his movement, now this guy was a long way away, right on the edge of the draw view even with scope active, but i took a few shots keeping the left mouse button held down after shot to keep scope in place and in view just to get myself a distance marker and adjust accordingly, by looking where the rounds went down, the guy switched back into drive going from right to left across me, i squeezed that trig and i swear it turned into a one shot one kill D.O.A - my personal most impressive EVER shot fired from a rifle. i was suprised to say the very least. great stuff! hairs up on back of neck and all that! i couldnt do that again if my life depended on it.

everyone has there own amazing, skilled little tales, thats what makes it great that you can take away from the game and remember, and maybe if you survive the franchise, tell your grandkids!!!

couple O'stats;

my time as sniper: 113:04:33
            your time as sniper: 18:37:27

now reason i show that is just to higlight my deaths with yours, as sniper;

my deaths: 948
            your deaths: 617

meaning that pro-rata for the ammount of time played, you are dying far more often, or am i dying far less often? again this a player-style choice. your kills are good though pro-rata to mine, so i guess its swings and roundabouts, you wanna forget me, an ok sniper and compare your sniping, if thats the field you wanna excel in, to the greats and improve that way round. but overall you are gonna be good, youve commanded more than me and have a better team orientated game, which is admirable!

cheers

adam

p.s. your awards and score will turn up, VERY rare that they dont, i have learnt from a lot of frustrating time waiting for those things, they always appear though! hang tight

p.p.s nice one on getting ure vet snip med today!!!!!!!!

Comment

M95 does a lot of damage, and any shot to the head is a auto kill. However it is very loud and 1 shot almost always gives away the postion, I like the the sniper unlock from the SF game because you can use it on whichever team and it's quiet and accurate. But I'd have to say stick with the M95 imo, if you like sniping from really far maybe not. But I don't like to camp I like to get close to a base shoot and move. But I havn't used the M95 in a while gl

Comment

Working...
              X