Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my download works but the wife can't play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my download works but the wife can't play.

Hi

Just donwloaded euro forces on my wifes bequest (she likes online shooters), anyway i downloaded ok and installed, i then got an error about network data, i briefly read some forum threads and desided to reinstall patch 1.3. I think this has worked although i did have the ea downloader still rinning...PLEASE TELL ME I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THIS RUNNING ALL THE TIME?

But my main problem is my wife can't play any of the euro forces levels because it says she has to purchase the booster pack. So i'm guessing EA are only letting you download this for one person, if you have a seperate account on your pc you can't play the add on unless u purchase itagain, is that correct?

Please help guys my marriage is at stake

Re: my download works but the wife can't play.

Grey ,firstly you dont have to have the ea downloader running while you play the game,secondly uninstall ea downloader ,then reinstall it on your wifes computer and log in with your details ,it should then show that Euroforces is ready for download ,simply install it on her comp and off you go.You can download the booster as many times as you like aslong as you uninstall it.

Comment

Hey bickus

My wife uses the same computer as me we just have seperate accounts on battlefield 2. Can it be made to work?

Comment

Hmm that im not sure on, but if she wants to play it ,then why not let her play on your account OR play with your account but on un ranked servers that way the lady cant screw up your stats but can still play.

If that isnt to your pleasing then i suggest you uninstall bf2 AND BOOSTER then reinstall bf2 and booster then patch to 1.3 then when signing in sign in with her first.Hope it works.

You should be able to play on both accounts though,weird.Hopefully someone else can provide a little light on the subject.

Comment

As far as i can see EA expect you to buy a copy for every account you have, therefore i will not now be buying armoured fury

Comment

You dont have to buy a copy for every account but you do have to buy it for every account your intending to play euro on. And to do that all you have to do is buy it on ea and put in the second bf2 nickname. It is already downloaded so just log onto the second account and you can play.
            Hope this helps.

Comment

Sorry maybe im being a bit dim but for myself and my wife to play euro forces on seperate accounts (but the same pc) we have to buy it twice correct?

Comment

Correct. The booster packs only authorize one account per purchase, although you can install it on as many as you like.

Comment

Originally, you could change the playername associated with the EF/AF purchase three times a week. At one point that was raised to 10 changes, but I read recently that it was quitely dropped back to 3 changes every 7 days.

So, if she just wants to try it out, then you can run the EAD, select the booster, then click on the "Edit Battlefield2 Nickname". This takes you to the EA login screen. Login there then change the bf2playername/gamespyID there.

Comment

it happened to me and i had to change my name on the ea site to match my play name then it worked? maybe that will help

Comment

Working...
                    X