Patch Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Error

Ive read through the forums and the only thread I see about my problem is for the old patch back in 2005.

I have just recently purchase BF2 from work and I was excited to bring it home and start playing. In high hopes the patch would work, I get nothing but patch error patch error patch error PATCH ERROR!!!

I have roughly installed and reinstalled about 100 times. The thread I read was about going through cleaning my registry all the way to go to the TEMP Folder and executing **** through my CMD. Unfortunantly all the folders they were asking me to look for was for a different patch and thus leading to not having the folder to fix the problem. This patch is for Version 1.3 and I am just getting completely frustrated with the failed errors. I just wanna play the damn game online.

I've downloaded the patch from 6 different places and I even have a patch from a friend at work that he has succesfully used and still no luck on that. I've tried to install it on my C D and E drive and all of those have failed also. I think god doesn't want me playing this game or something because everything I have tried has failed...What kind of PC technician am I?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Patch Error

Wait for the latest patch to come out. Should be this Tuesday. It's the easiest and cleanest install you can have at this point. 1.3 has several problems that may end up disappointing you.

Comment

Dude, try installing the patch in safe mode.

Thats what worked for me! I had the same problem as you!

And Revolution, from what I've read and found, if you get teh patching failed on one patch, you get them on every version, so you cant even install 1.4!

But yeah, safe mode was the only thing that worked for me, and i had tried different download sources, run from different sources, cmd prompt etc etc.

Comment

Hi all, i have read what you been talkin about here, and i think i have the same problem and i would be happy if you can help me... i tell how it happened to me :
        I was installing patch 1.3 for bf2 and i think at 8% it didnt move on .. only thing i could do then was to restart the whole computer ( so we can say that i cancelled the installation ). And when i restarted i ran the game and played online on many punkbuster server and i got this on any of them: <global punkbuster guid ban 602bc131> I gained info that this means im banned from every pb-server in world...
        And.. then i tried again to install patch and i got : "patching error" .. i tried other patches as well, when i installed them and after i got the errormessage, i ran game and the screen turned black then returned to desktop. Every patch worked like this except v1.2 because when i installed that the patching error message didnt show up.
        I always get that stupid message anytime i want to install any patch so i cant use any on bf2 + i cannot use sf ... im waitin for your replies

And i forgot one important thing : before the patch installation totally failed , i did go to punkbuster servers and nothing went wrong , so i must say this i have been banned from every pb server in world just because i stopped the patch installation cause it was reeeeealy slow

Comment

Dude I've had this problem with 2 of the last three patches.
          Here is what I did to solve my computer problems, and a couple other guys here on these forums.

Dude I posted this several months ago, when I was having the same problem.

1 Uninstall BF-2 and remove all BF-2 related files (BF-2 logo CACHE files) (Mydocuments/bf2/mods/ BF-2 and SF CACHE files) except the Full 1.3 patch...
          2. Open your case and pull out your Memory sticks (512-1Gig). Reinstall the memory.
          3 Reload BF-2 then SF.
          4. Defrag your system.
          5. Attempt to patch game.
          6. I hope thats all I did to get my system back running. My original reply to a topic like this and a couple other are in the archive just use the search feature search for Get ShoRTy and you should find them if needed...if i forgot something.

Good luck getting your system working took me a couple weeks to put everyones suggestions to use and make them work.

Comment

Working...
          X