Banned!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned!!

I was banned from a server for unsavory language.

This is what happens.

Some guy: I was booted for language. I thought this was supposed to be a rated R game?

Admin: It's (insert name)'s server if you don't like it too bad.

Other dude: BF2 is rated T for teen.

Me: I think it should be rated X and all the AV's need to be naked chicks with machine guns.

Couples of LOL’s follow then bam; you have been disconnected for language or whatever the message is.

I didn't curse or use harsh language. People who are this uptight shouldn’t be allowed on the internet even less be an admin of a WAR game.

Either that guy has a serious stick up his butt or is some kind of power tripping 12 year old.

Are there any adult friendly servers out there, preferably with a sense of humor that doesn’t mind folks cutting up or a little smack in local?

I don't want to offend any more carebears with my potty mouth. :cry:

Re: Banned!!

Its their server, and its a completely legit rule to have a language filter. So play by their rules, or dont play at all.

I dont have a problem with it, but some do, and if you play there you should respect that.

Comment

"You have been disconnected for being a wise-arse."

:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Blades
        Its their server, and its a completely legit rule to have a language filter. So play by their rules, or dont play at all.

I dont have a problem with it, but some do, and if you play there you should respect that.
        Thanks for letting me know that. You're awesome. Just so I know. What part of the language "filter" did I not respect?

Umm.. "X rated" or "naked chick".

I could care less if I was banned or whatever. I suck at BF2 so less points for him. I want to know if there are servers that I don't have to walk on egg shells every time I chat in local.

Originally posted by Dairuka
        "You have been disconnected for being a wise-arse."

:laugh:
        No, not me, never

Comment

Heh, when I play BF1942 I often get kicked for having 'nut' in my name. It burns.

Hasn't happened with BF2 yet, but it really does get stupid. Anyone who's offended by words like 'nut' and 'naked' should really be equally tormented by seeing a virtual man being shot and therefore not be playing.

Bah.

Comment

Originally posted by plexreticle
            Thanks for letting me know that. You're awesome. Just so I know. What part of the language "filter" did I not respect?

Umm.. "X rated" or "naked chick".
            whoops, didnt read the whole post sry

Well you probably got kicked for disrespect to the server. In fact, I hate admined servers in the first place. Most are ****ty as hell, and nearly all the admins have some sort of power complex.

But yeah, people who kick for that are stupid.

Play on insomnia, which has a 24/7 server on a lot of the maps, and all the popular ones.

Comment

Take it on the chin, and move on is what I say.

People only like a wise-arse when he can take the punishment for being a wise-arse.

Comment

More than likely the guy took it as you being a smart *** for something that did not involve you in the first place. Some admins are like that, they feel the universe revolves around them, since they have access to BF2CC and all.

Comment

some fragile lil sheltered yuppy wussbaggs totally get their lil rocks off by finding offense wherever they can......quite honestly, its pathetic...

ppl who take offense like this are either very very very petty, or very very very weak minded individuals....

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                    some fragile lil sheltered yuppy wussbaggs totally get their lil rocks off by finding offense wherever they can......quite honestly, its pathetic...

ppl who take offense like this are either very very very petty, or very very very weak minded individuals....
                    Agree with you 100% there. People need to grow up, especially if they were allowed to buy a T rated game. If they still have the mind of a child they would also be offended by this game. Technically.

Comment

Yeah admins who ban like that are pretty lame. They abuse power, just like any human is given power tends to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ActiveMatx
                        Yeah admins who ban like that are pretty lame. They abuse power, just like any human is given power tends to do.
                        It's not "abuse" if rules are posted, and someone "breaks" the rule. Like it or not. Find another server.

Comment

Originally posted by Repent
                          It's not "abuse" if rules are posted, and someone "breaks" the rule. Like it or not. Find another server.

But he didn't break any rules.

Comment

he got zodded by the admin.
                            "Crunch's First Officer"
                            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Saying "Just go to another server" is like telling someone who gets pulled over by a cop even though he’s done nothing wrong, and then gets told by the cop to "Get on outta my county, boy" that the cop was right, and the right thing to do is to leave. It's wrong and you all know it.

Just because the cop has power doesn’t make him right. Same thing applies to admins.

The admins are incredibly biased and inconsistent, and the sooner everyone stops defending their capricious, unfair enforcement of their personal little set of unique + special rules, the better off we'll all be.

One set of rules for all ranked servers would make the entire BF2 experience better for everyone. Consistent, fair enforcement would help too.

Comment

Working...
                              X