Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gameplay idea

Wanted your opinions.

The map consists of two bases and a center area. The center area holds explosives. The object of the match is to take the explosives and run it to the heart of the enemy base.

However, there is something else. Each base initially starts out bare. At each base are capturable construction materials. What you can do is get to the enemy base, grab some materials, and try bringing it back to your base alive. Once at your base, you can drop the construction materials at many pre-determined locations to build/upgrade your base. Also, when you successfully bring the explosives to the enemy base's heart, random "built" buildings are degraded or destroyed.

So, you "can" just go for points, but by also trying to get construction supplies back, you help build up your base's defenses to keep the enemies from easily walking into your base with the explosives.

Such "buildings" that exist would be...

Basic Fence (climbable)
    Barbed Fence (not climbable but shoot through and see through)
    Basic Wall (not climbable/not shoot through/but can shoot through like the thin metal walls in karkand)
    Reinforced wall (can't shoot through and defenders can get on the top)
    Advanced wall (has mounted mg guns for defenders)
    Superior wall (has mounted mg guns and rocket pads for defenders)

Basic Medical Center (has medical supplies)
    Improved Medical Center (faster supplies spawn)
    Advanced Medical Center (fastest supplies spawn)

Basic Armory (has ammo/gear)
    Improved Armory (faster supplies spawn)
    Advanced Armory (fastest supplies spawn)

Basic Vehicle Garage (has tier 1 vehicles on spawn timer)
    Improved Vehicle Garage (has tier 1/2 vehicles on spawn timer)
    Advanced Vehicle Garage (has tier 1/2/3 vehicles on spawn timer)

and so on. The possibilities of building types are really endless in the creative mind of a developer. Heck, you could have foward fence, rear fence, right fence, and left fence if you wanted.

So it's a fun objective gameplay idea. Overall, you have explosives in the middle that you have to successfully bring to the enemy base and detonate. Upon detonation, your team gets a point and some of their buildings/fences degrade or get destroyed. If you bring construction materials from the enemy base to your base, you can drop them on the fence spot to build a basic fence, or to upgrade an existing fence, or drop it on another building location for that specific building.

It would definetly be great with a squad system. What do you think?

Re: Gameplay idea

It would be amazing, like a FPSRTS, I've never heard of

Comment

im sory but i think this gamplay idea is a bit childish. (no offense)

i think there is a map like this in a game called Wolfenstein enemy territory.
      u take construction kit in other teams base and take it back to your team to build up defenses and houses and stuff... pretty funny but would not fit with bf2

Comment

I played that before. You can only build little turrets. I'm talking about actual structures.

Also, how is it childish? It's a lot more involved than what we have now.

Comment

Working...
        X