Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does BF2 live up to its predecessor?

Seriously Folks...
    Who misses the 1942 days when you had the sea maps, where you got into the turret cannon and took out the aircraft carrier?

I am hoping someone will make a mod with the modern combat theme, where there will be ships that haul personnel and craft, but also be a movable vehicle....

Also, like BF:Vietnam...the LCAC was that all purpose transport that was a great transport tool, but got taken out of BF2..

I have set m eyes on Crysis, Enemy Territory, and Armed Assault/

Re: does BF2 live up to its predecessor?

BF1942 was all around a better game on a whole you had more vehicles it was more open to diffrent strats it was more balalanced BF2 has alot of things in it that are better such as iron sights, variety of weapons, getting points for healing resupplying etc. but oh a whole id say bf1942 was a better game

Comment

BF2 is to military FPS games as McDonalds is to the "food" industry. Does it live up to BF1942? no..but it lives up to the gratification-junkies and medal-worshippers who bought the game.

Cheers :-)

Comment

I enjoy bf2 more than I enjoyed bf1942. However, I do miss manning the destroyer cannons and having a friendly scout/sniper call my shots.

Comment

BF1942 was a lot more fun. But I am sure that once BF2 settles down and gets bug fixes, it may be just as fun. And once the mods come out, it will be amazing. The mods will be awesome for this game.

Comment

graphics
            some sounds
            sticky C4
            squads (except the commander)
            are the only good things about bf2.

BF42/DC was more aimed to have fun. bf2 aimed to gather meaningless medals, and that created hositle environment for gamers. you see it everytime you join a server, WAAAA he tked punished me, WAAAA i want to gun for him so i can get my meaningless medals and so on. you can also see it in every bf2 forums, 60-75% are stat related.
            DC>bf42>bfv>medal of honor>backgammon>pong>bf2.

Originally posted by Blades
            BF1942 was a lot more fun. But I am sure that once BF2 settles down and gets bug fixes, it may be just as fun. And once the mods come out, it will be amazing. The mods will be awesome for this game.
            it's been over a year m8, and the game is getting worse with everypatch. when O when will this game settles down??? 2nd year maybe?
            but i agree with you when it comes to mods. cross fingers

Comment

yeah, once fh2 comes out this game will become bf42 with all the good things from bf2

Comment

I loved BF1942. It had it's flaws, but it was a very challenging game.

BF2 is more of a dumbed down version of BF1942.

The only thing thats been vamped up in difficulty was Infantry warfare, and even that was ruined by patches super accurate weapons, and instant gibs. (Grenades, Rocket Sniping, Claymores, to a lesser extent, the Grenade Launcher.)

Comment

Originally posted by CATIA

it's been over a year m8, and the game is getting worse with everypatch. when O when will this game settles down??? 2nd year maybe?
                  but i agree with you when it comes to mods. cross fingers
                  Hey one can hope that this game will settle down. But yes it has been a whole ****ing year. Maybe 1.41 with the J10 fix etc etc.

What is sad, and it is something I just found out, is that most BF2 players are not up to the task of tactics and fun. I joined a squad in OPK and ALL we did was flag hop for an entire round. It was really boring. No defending at all. I quit after we went around the map once and I found that we were back capping the flag that we first capped.

Comment

Defending would be more encouraged if they increased the "Flag Defense" radius of flags.

It would also be more encouraged if they increased the extra points from 1 to 3, considering the fact that you're giving up a lot of points to bunker down and wait for an enemy that might not come.

Edited: I realized you said OPK... sorry, disregard what I said... well... actually no, I meant what I said for BF2 in general, so I'm not going to delete it. =P

Comment

lol yeah i think they should make the defending flag more important because i have been in tons of situations like that were you flag hop around and then you start at the flag you first took and go around the map 3-4 times in the round!

Comment

Working...
                      X