• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specs Not High Enough?

Using an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3400+
    2.40GHz, 512MB of RAM
    nVidia Geforce 6800
    I know my computers getting on a bit and could do with a serious upgrade, however was wondering why although i fit the criteria for minimum requirements the game, even with every graphics option setting on lowest and running at 800x600 res, is still too stuttery and slow to play, even on single player. Is there anything i can do about this? Anything i can download or change? If not could someone suggest what i need to upgrade? (I guess RAM would be a good start)

Thanks.

I've heard it might have something to do with the game running on something stupid like openGL instead of directX...anyway to rectify this if thats the case?

Re: Specs Not High Enough?

More RAM would definitely help it. Its probably going to be jerky no matter what setting youve got it on. If your getting low FPS try and update your drivers.

Comment

more ram will help the processor is good and the card is sweet too but the ram no offense sucks. get at least 1.5gigs of ram. ram is very cheap nowadays

Comment

That's almost exactly my specs, except I have 1gig of ram.

It runs almost perfectly, but... It's not the most beautiful experience in gaming.

Here's what I keep my settings at:

Make sure you have your settings at where it should be... If you run it below what it should, it'll cause it to lag and stutter.

With my AA, I can play single player with actualy 4x on... When I do a fresh reinstallation of Windows, I can pull off with 2x on multiplayer.
        ---

Like I said, with those settings it runs smoothly! If you're wanting just a quick fix, I'd go for 1gig of ram. But, if you're wanting the best you can get for a year or so.. Just go ahead and grab a new computer.

Comment

If you do get another 1GB of ram, Use the new ram and take out your current 512mb. This is so you you can run your ram in dual channel.

Comment

You could also buy 1x512mb and 2x256mb then you still be running it at dual channel mod. It cost a bit more but tis worth it. Also try overclocking your CPU .

Comment

It's probably a socket 754 system which doesn't support Dual channel function, buy another 1 Gig and things should run sweetly.

Comment

Originally posted by clatch22
                It's probably a socket 754 system which doesn't support Dual channel function, buy another 1 Gig and things should run sweetly.

Socket 754 does support dual channel, but only in two of the slots. If you fill the third you dont get daul channel.

Comment

Socket 754 doesn't support dual channel memory, which is why it was necessary to move Athlon 64 CPU's to Socket 939 (more pins to allow the dual channel access). Socket 754 Athlon 64's only have a single channel memory controller like the 754 Sempron range.

Comment

Working...
                  X