what the **** is going on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the **** is going on here

hey for some reason i could only play bf2 for like 3 mins before it freezes? my friend gave me his new mobo and video card updated all the drivers. i cud play my other games fine with no freeze so is it the 1.3 ****ing with my new hardware? my card isnt overheating it is at between 47-65c idont know what is going on

amd athlon 643400+2.21ghz
    1.5gigs of ram
    ati x850xt PE 256mb(agp)
    480 watt psu

Re: what the **** is going on here

Try reinstalling bf2(dont apply patch and see if it works) if it does work apply the patch and lower the texture to medium it might help.by the way there is a new catalyst driver 6.8 update to that one, and say what happens.

Comment

If HIV's suggestions don't help out, get "memtest" and test your RAM. That is how BF2 was acting when I had a bad stick of RAM once.

Comment

i dont use catalyst i use omega im doing memtest right now and so far no errors

maybe because i overclocked it? but i runs other games fine

core:585(used to be 540)
        memory:615(used to be 590) but the ati tool says its stable?

Comment

underclock ur video card setting and see what happens, maybe other games are not stressing this card as bf2 does

Comment

if i lower it will anything happen? and how much should i lower it

Comment

return it to its default and see what happens if it still crashes then lower 15~20mhz each time untill u see a progress
              I dont recommend u to go below the following because it is a waste
              core:500
              memory:550
              this is the final option

Comment

i think it might be the patch bcause i installed just the game and it didnt freeze but now ihave to wait 1.5 hours to download the patch

Comment

Working...
                X