GEForce 6800 GT OC problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEForce 6800 GT OC problems

OK, I tried searching, but nothing like mine.

I have received a GEForce 6800 GT OC (Overclocked) 256MB.

I dl-ed right drivers, and turned of firewall during installation.

I had the problem (will mention below), uninstalled the drivers, somehow my Nforce drivers got deleted and I re-installed those as well, than installed graphics drivers and problem still there.
    Entered the game with firewall off, same thing. Deleted the graphics cache from BF2 folder and all, nothing.
    Yes I did change the AGP aperature to 256 in BIOS, I had it that way and went in to make sure again and it's 256.
    I HAVE TRIED HIGH AND LOW VIDEO SETTINGS.

PC SPECS:
    Windows XP Pro; Service Pack 2
    Direct X 9.0c
    AMD Sempron/Athlon 2700+, ~2.0GHz
    DFI NFII 400-AL motherboard with NVidia nForce2 400 chipset (AC97 sound and DDR RAM controller).
    2GB of PC3200 400MHz DDR RAM.
    IBM/Hitachi 7200 RPM 40 GB ATA-100 hard disk.
    Sound Blaster Audigy SE 24-bit.
    512 Kbps Cable Internet from Champion Broad Band.
    Symantec Anti virus Corporate Edition
    Zone Alarm Firewall

Problem:

-Enter game just fine. Spawn, black (sometimes white) specks flashing all around. They're not big, but not small either. A couple pixels across I guess.
    -Tanks US and MEC have weird lines going at an angle towards the sky.
    -Sometimes my character's left arm will have a weird poky coming our of left arm, graphics glitch.

There might be others.
    It's playable, but not great.
    SAME BLACK/WHITE DOTS IN CS:S.

SCREN SHOTS; They're small, but you can still make them out.
    Weird thing coming outta tank:

Black dots/pixelation allover the place:

Is it overheating? I used the Nvidia control panel, and I left the temp. monitor running. Went into BF 2 for a bit, with about 40 people in or so? on Sharqi. Came back and it was at a steady 60 degrees Celsius. That is still in the green zone by far, according to Nvidia temp. monitor. The treshhold is 120 deg C.
    So what's the deal?

I've heard something about changing timings in RAM...? Maybe that'd help.

PS:Before I had a Radeon 9600XT 256MB. Worked fine.

Thanks!

Re: GEForce 6800 GT OC problems

the problem is in ur video card try downclocking it and see what happens

Comment

60C is fine for that card, its not overheating. I think that is a driver problem. What driver version are you using?

Comment

Hey, i have myself a 6800GT (ASUS V9999) agp 256MB varient too. I can report that in my instance there is no such problem. The latest nvidia driver to date , which is 91.93 or something, is what you should have installed and nothing else. I know of no brand that requires special drivers for the nvidia 6800gt varient, so thats not it.

The issues you describe are in fact related to a physical aspect of your card. I have looked at the items you posted to look at, and i can recall that this happended to me on Farcry many moons ago with a 9600XT 128 card i had. It turned out to be an issue with the card itself. One of the ram chips was faulty, and as such i recieved a warranty claim for it.

Could this be your case, perhaps. The only thing i can suggest is you also make sure that all other drivers associated with your mobo, and any other devices are fully up to date as well. You would be suprised how something so completly none related can affect these things.

I would also say that BIOS settings really make little difference in terms of what apperture size you set. I have had mine at all of them, and apart from different test speeds, there was no other issue.

Finally, test your card in someone elses machine, very simple. If you find the same problem, BAM, its your card. If not, then you are still in a much better position than before.
        Thats Quigley.... with a Q

Comment

I have tried the 91.93 and the older one that came on BF2 CD. Same thing.
          All my buddies either have laptops, or don't have a machine anymore; so that's out.

It may card. I will try downclocking first, (others have suggested this as well) and an Ntune application from Nvida.

Thanks for help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by RS-Rom
            I have tried the 91.93 and the older one that came on BF2 CD
            What about the ones in the middle? the 77.30's come with BF2 but they are way old. If I were you I would try the 84.21 & 81.98's.

Comment

Those are artifacts. And with 60C you can see artifacts. Try downclocking your card. Because prolly factory clocked it too much and default volt on core/mem cant handle it. It requiers voltmod.

Comment

Well, i had the same problem on my athlon 3000+ socket 939, 1gb of kingstone kvx400 ram, geforce 7600gs XFX 256mb, and another sempron 754 3100+ with the same vga, but 512 of corsair ram, and know what, the sempron worked fine, and the athlon had tha same problems, i changed the vga, same error, and finally i changed the ram, and, problem solved, try to install another ram modules and test, now my pc woks fine and i´ll buy another 1gb of corsair ram, and there´s a pattern here, try this and tell me, we could make a fixed topic about this problem

Originally posted by Mrt1989
                Those are artifacts. And with 60C you can see artifacts. Try downclocking your card. Because prolly factory clocked it too much and default volt on core/mem cant handle it. It requiers voltmod.

Comment

Well, it WAS good, now the problem came back, changed the card, and it worked fine, the problem is in the card

Originally posted by judagrey
                  Well, i had the same problem on my athlon 3000+ socket 939, 1gb of kingstone kvx400 ram, geforce 7600gs XFX 256mb, and another sempron 754 3100+ with the same vga, but 512 of corsair ram, and know what, the sempron worked fine, and the athlon had tha same problems, i changed the vga, same error, and finally i changed the ram, and, problem solved, try to install another ram modules and test, now my pc woks fine and i´ll buy another 1gb of corsair ram, and there´s a pattern here, try this and tell me, we could make a fixed topic about this problem

Comment

Working...
                  X