For an anti-tank player..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For an anti-tank player..

hmmmm thats great info course when theres distance and its moving i aim for the easist shot

Comment

The back or the tread, check my stats id know

Comment

I would have to go along with what Venom said. He attacks armor in a maner that makes it almost useless.
        Depending on the server you play on, due to lag or whatever, it sometimes requires at least 2 shots no matter where you shot armor. With that said you have to be sure you survive to make the second shot. I like to shoot from between two buildings while the armor is moveing. Then they have to stop and back up to be able to return fire or try and escape. Its just impossible to spin the turret around and make the kill on the AT guy. Attacking from behind a wall is also a good location. I hope this helps. . . . .Red

Comment

Rear treads do the most damage..Then the Front treads

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
            From my experience with TOWS a shot to the tracks is an instant kill anywere else and the tank goes on fire with the apc is should be an instant kill no matter were you hit.
            TOW = Insta kill on tracks/insta kill on APC
            - Fire if hit back of tank (nearly insta kill - driver can bail tho)
            - 2 shot kill if hit anywhere besides teh afformentioned
            - 1 shot on choppa

Comment

don't worry about where you hit the tank, 2, 3, 4 hits .. as long as you bring it down, and have ammo to do it. If you've got just 2 rockets, then you might want to concentrate on treads or backside. You should rather shoot many rockets fast (and safely) than one or two that put you in danger.

If you shoot at the treads from front, odds are that he's looking at you, and you die before you either finish the shot or get to fire second one. Remember, you need often to stand still on open ground for few seconds, and you're a sitting duck if anybody spots you.

If you're dead, it doesn't often matter where you hit him. He'll probably disengage and go wrench his tank back into prime condition.

from back, treads do 50% damage, but pretty much everything else visible does 45%.

Finding spots where to fire at is just fine tuning, the biggest thing you can learn, is learning to fire the rocket unaimed, from run, and even guiding it while sprinting for cover. This way you can often safely get 2-3 hits ranging from 25 to 45% damage in, which usually makes the tank run. If he runs, you almost always can get a bonus hit on the backplate (or treads) that kills him on the spot.

Comment

I hit an apc with a tow yesterday and he only lit on fire.

Comment

Aim for the barrel hole. If you shoot it in the hole it goes right into the tank and kills everyone inside.

jk

Comment

Yep, aim for the treads, there be the weak point. When on side view, aim just below the wheels as obviously the wheels aren't the treads but are armoured up. No such thing as a one shot kill with an AT missile, only with TOW can this be achieved (and when is, my it can be mighty sweet). Believe me, having spent most of my 20,000 odd points duelling it out with big metal bastards, I know what I'm talking about.

Good God, don't listen to some of the crap advice on here advising you to aim slightly under the turret for maximum damage. Utter dross. This isn't the bloody deathstar, it's a tank.

Comment

I don't really waste time 'aiming' my shots at the tank.

I mainly point at it's treads, and fire, then I duck behind cover befire the tank realizes where the shot came from.

I don't really care if it takes three or four shots to kill a tank, the main thing that matters is that I kill the tank before it kills me.

Comment

Working...
                      X