Unable to patch 1.1 for SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to patch 1.1 for SF

Alright I'm rather stuck here. I had to reformat and reinstalling all my stuff and I simply cannot install this SF expansion!!!

Everytime I try to install it, I get forced into installing the 1.1 patch which basically refuses to actually install itself. I left the "Patching, please wait" bar up for six hours and it has gotten me no where. I have tried installing it in safe mode, regular windows, and no sucess.

I have followed uninstalling procedures to the letter, removing everything from my registry but this damn patch refuses to install properly and thus denying me the SF expansion which in the past never gave me this problem. And I know it's a problem, because I can easilly install the 1.3 patch in under 3 minutes so what gives? I have 35GB of freespace, this is a fresh install of windows I have. This shouldn't be happening to me...

Re: Unable to patch 1.1 for SF

Tried this?

1. Completely un-install BF2 and any x-packs, get read of any trace of it, registry, profiles, documents settings.

2. Go to Control Panel/User Accounts.

3. Create a new account called Battlefield 2.

4. Install BF2 to the default dierectory if possible, If not, install in an EA Games folder.

5. If You have special forces, now install this.

6. Then patch from 1.12 upwards (1.3 in your case), if done correctly, this method should mean that all of your patching woes will disappear.

It doesnt exactly apply to your bf2 fault, but if your willing to uninstall again, its worth a try..

Comment

Install BF2 then SF then patch with the full 1.3 patch. Don't use the incremental patches if you are starting from scratch.
      That should have you up and playing.

Comment

Originally posted by John Edmo
        Install BF2 then SF then patch with the full 1.3 patch. Don't use the incremental patches if you are starting from scratch.
        That should have you up and playing.
        I can't even install SF John. Instead it makes me patch the game to 1.1.

So far I've had this up for 10 minutes...

added pic of the other bar

and last night I had it up for hours and it never finished, while installing the 1.3 patch for my reg bf2 takes about 3-4 minutes.

Chickyo, tried doing the bf2 user and encountering the same problem

Comment

why dont u find the 1.1 patch and install that first andm aybe it will skip the update aprt and continue to install SF, but i highly doubt its gona skip it cuz i had patch 1.3 installed and it pathced me to 1.1.........arrrr

Comment

Working...
          X