No announcement yet.

Where and what is best to learn to fly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where and what is best to learn to fly?

Ok all the people that will say try singleplayer, can refrain.

I need serious combat training, i was good with the BF:V jets and helos and also i could fly all the planes great in BF:42...MAN i miss that game, I wish it has stat tracking.

Anyways, what i want to know is what size map would be best? and what maps and what population?

I need serious bf2 helo and jet training. I consider it one of the weak points of this game. The fact 8-12 guys will stand on a airfield letting their team die just to get a craft. Pathetic and I have never had time for that kind of BS sooo, I have, for the better part of 18 months stuck with armor and infantry.

Anyone have some suggestions as too where a guy can go to get some decient flight action that will allow me to target moving objects? you know EI: like a 32 man server with 1/3 population will allow access to aircraft etc.??

Maybe I should just go buy the bf42 total kit for $19.99 and play that till bf2142 /shrug.

BTW all you airfield campers...I hope lightning hits your house and destroys your connection so you are stuck with SP.. you are mostly all idiot rambos looking for kills over team survival..no class and no mulitplayer team awareness.

Im bitter, I should STFU and join a squad cause these pub servers are ruining the game for me lol ahhhhh.

Im off to the squad forum hah.

Re: Where and what is best to learn to fly?

I'm not an expert, but I would say get the basics down for helo in a single player game like Dalian Plant. Put it on expert and make one of your stupid AI bots gun for you. Once you have good control and don't crash every couple of minutes etc etc get in a server and play for real.

People here might think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread and they'll tell you that you have no business flying unless you're as awesome as they are, but ignore them. If you're playing a game and you keep getting owned though, switch to gunner or take a break. It's important to learn, but it's also good to help your team win.

Now for jets you're on your own b/c I have no skill whatsoever with those. I can stay in the sky a whole round and only kill a couple of people b/c I can't bomb worth crap. I usually let someone else do this b/c I'm just wasting a plane. Perhaps someone else will give you (and I) some good advice for them.

Comment

i dont think sinlge player dalian plants has jets but i liked clean sweep to train on. dont try to learn to fly on public servers you will just frustrate your team when you keep crashing. let the people that know how to fly on public servers fly.

idd look for a 64 person map with 10-20 people if you need to get practice against other people. wake island is where i learned to fly but the j-10 imbalance made it harder.

Comment

Ya, i guess i forgot about bots, been so freakin long since i have played sp in bf, in fact i dont think i have .

Comment

Well the bots will give you mild start only. The only thing worthy in Clean Sweep is the mobile AA, that bot does his work ok ... the others suck If you are really careless the other plane might also get lucky.
          But the chopper bots on dalian ... well they are a funny bunch ... the fly from one edge to another occasionally firing one rocket and missing also bigtime.

I guess DICEA forgot to teach the bots how to fly

Comment

You can also try the 32 player coop. I usually go into an unranked server that is empty and make sure to crash into every single tree, radio tower, and crane I can find.

Comment

yeah, SP training only goes so far.. that's for sure.

anyone else find it lame that Operation Clean Sweep is the only SP map that has jets?

Comment

Originally posted by zone36
                yeah, SP training only goes so far.. that's for sure.

anyone else find it lame that Operation Clean Sweep is the only SP map that has jets?
                It is lame, but now that there is coop that is no longer the only alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                  You can also try the 32 player coop. I usually go into an unranked server that is empty and make sure to crash into every single tree, radio tower, and crane I can find.
                  You too? Wow I thought I was the only one that did that! I also like to crash upside down, in the same spot that I took off from. I think 90% of my chopers have a auto flip built in to them after about 30 seconds of flight. If I don't flip I like to crash in to buildings, bridges, water now that I think on it anything that is not moving is a good target for me to run into. It's like when you see something in the road when you are driving and you tell your self not to hit it.....but do anyways. :laugh:

Comment

There are some really good singleplayer Air Maps that I've been using. set the AI to Expert and put your seatbelt on.

Near the bottom there is a Mappack called Pacman's BF2 Air Show Map Pack #1 - Download (163 MBs), check it out. There are some other ones there aswell, so have alook.

Comment

I would't mind some training in a jet too
                      I know how to fly and stuff
                      But I need inventment

Comment

Working...
                      X