This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD, what can i do ?

I get a constant crash to desktop every time I play BF2, Can I get my money back from EA, my pc speks areĀ“in line with thier req, speks on the cover.

Thanks
    Ruckus37

Re: CTD, what can i do ?

no you can't get your money back.

how long have you had the game?

and what are your specs?

Comment

Be patient and wait for the 1.4 patch. The CTD issues are listed a fixed in the changelog.

Comment

Reinstall?

Comment

Wait for the 1.4 patch, it should be out next week.

/crosses fingers

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
            no you can't get your money back.

how long have you had the game?

and what are your specs?
            Does it matter my specs? as long as they are i co mĀ“with the specs on the cover cdĀ“?

Anyway yea a new system conro 2, a **** load of ram and a raid0, on my old system been playing since dc days, new systm like a week and the this **** started too happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ruckus37
              I get a constant crash to desktop every time I play BF2, Can I get my money back from EA, my pc speks areĀ“in line with thier req, speks on the cover.

Thanks
              Ruckus37
              make sure and strip any programs running that you don't need
              i will CTD also if i don't turn off anti-virus and my diskeeper programs
              just dont disable firewall

Comment

I think this is pretty funny. A bait and switch is illegal, but a game developer can do it whenever they want. They made the game unplayable for many people. I CTD at least 4 times a night. A hard lock at least once every other night. I "lose my connection to the server" left and right. All of this started after patch 1.3. Never had a single stability issue before that.

I don't think asking for a refund is that crazy.

Comment

well if you won't post your specs then just wait for the patch and hope that fixes it.

Comment

Does it matter my specs? as long as they are i co mĀ“with the specs on the cover cdĀ“?

Anyway yea a new system conro 2, a **** load of ram and a raid0, on my old system been playing since dc days, new systm like a week and the this **** started too happen.
                    Ummm...yea ok.

Comment

Ive had dual core since November ,x-2 3800 ,really never had a problem with CTD unless i forget to disable unnecessary programs

also ,dual core didn't come out till after BF2 was released ,June 2005

here's a helpful site http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html
                      good luck

Comment

Ok it has too do wiht my core 2 granted, this i have figured out, my pproblem is that EA has soo much money from us, could they not antisipate / test new systems and release a patch, looks like they only have a handfull dev's on this project?

Super Moderator: very wise how the hell did you get thst: Pointless what is your point?

Ok post your point here:
                        ------
                        'post your point'
                        ------

Come back in a week and see if your post has any meaning?

We are all nothing in the point of time soo why post at all...asswipe? Down too revalution at a mod
                        English, Mother F:censored:ker!!! DO YOU SPEAK IT!?

Comment

There's nothing you can do about the CTD's.

Bugs are the Battlefield 2 way. Live with it

Comment

Uninstall Video drivers
                            Uninstall Motherboard drivers
                            restart
                            Run Driver Cleaner
                            Install Motherboard drivers-run windows update for stuff you missed
                            Install Directx9
                            Install Video drivers
                            Install BF2 -- Install patches
                            Go search for "punkbuster updater" than update BF2.
                            Go to Firewall and go to program control and set 'BF2.exe' to allow/green.

Start the game and select a server only to have it to CTD. Yes I have had that done to me before. Than I thought hey maybe I will change the refresh rate for the monitor and sure enough that fixed the problem.
                            Than another patch I had to use different video drivers. Change your video driver because it is not always BF2's fault.

Judging this guy now he I think he would rather buy a new computer to fix his computers problems.

Comment

Originally posted by DANK
                              Uninstall Video drivers
                              Uninstall Motherboard drivers
                              restart
                              Run Driver Cleaner
                              Install Motherboard drivers-run windows update for stuff you missed
                              Install Directx9
                              Install Video drivers
                              Install BF2 -- Install patches
                              Go search for "punkbuster updater" than update BF2.
                              Go to Firewall and go to program control and set 'BF2.exe' to allow/green.

Start the game and select a server only to have it to CTD. Yes I have had that done to me before. Than I thought hey maybe I will change the refresh rate for the monitor and sure enough that fixed the problem.
                              Than another patch I had to use different video drivers. Change your video driver because it is not always BF2's fault.

Judging this guy now he I think he would rather buy a new computer to fix his computers problems.
                              Nice post, but this is TOTALLY unnecessary.

I have had many CTD's and my client has even had the ability to crash any server i want to. BUt guess what? The problems disappear by themselves.

One day my client can work perfectly forever, the next day it could **** up. It's unpredictable and nothing to do with your computer. It's the 1.3.

Comment

Working...
                              X