Community update 8/17/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Community update 8/17/06

Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent Bittorrent

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
      its that amount for a year.. so all the betas from now till next year, aint that something like 10cents a day.. oh such a high price
      Well if someone only wants to play that single demo then there's no need to pay for a subscription. I don't think anyone should waste money for a single demo, but, if you were a hardcore gamer that wants to be the first to play all the games and the first to download patches and other items. Then, sure purchasing a subscription is a wise idea.

Comment

Originally posted by AliothSkySystems
        Bittorrent
        You need the key to install the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
          You need the key to install the game.
          well then **** that
          im not buying bf2142 if i can't play the demo without paying
          im not a ****ing atm machine

Comment

Originally posted by AliothSkySystems
            well then **** that
            im not buying bf2142 if i can't play the demo without paying
            im not a ****ing atm machine
            Demo's are free, Beta's are not. This time.

Comment

And people wonder why everyone thinks EA/Dice... is worthless.
              Sending out a beta for a game, that the previous game(bf2) hasnt even been fixed yet or ever for that matter
              I am still amazed by the number of people that are backing them, and on their nuts. Good luck waiting for the patch. It will more than likley be the last one from them after the release of the PoS game 2142.

Seems like most BF series fans will be paying $40 or $50 for a full version beta, that will take them til the next BF series title to come out, and fix.
              EA/Dice will not deftly not get my money for 2142 this time. I can read and see that alot of seasoned BF players will be doing the same!

Comment

Bah, good thing I subscribe Though I doubt Ill buy it in the end. The Class Mods for BF2 will be far better than anything EA is going to put out and wont cost so much or be as big a headache with the patches and stuff.

A thought occurs......

I have seen many, many people in these forums complain about the introduction of IO into BF2 (Though so far the only intro was in beta form). Yet I see no one saying "Whats this Titan crap all about, that isnt Battlefield!!!". Strange how one "new mode" is so much worse than another.

Comment

fileplanet subscribers get it first. Then it's expanded to everyone else.

That's how fileplanet always does their betas.

Comment

Hurray for being on a competative team =D I should get it right quick.

Comment

Wow!

These turds are using both thumbs and poking us all right in the eye. Hey! come play our new game! Who cares if we haven't put out a patch yet for BF2! We care so much about our community, that we're willing to ignore working on the patch just to bring you a new game!

Ok, I know, DICE canada is working on the patch. Still, they should delay 2142 beta until 1.4 is out for at least a week.

If I owned a company, Colin would be my LAST choice for anything PR related.

Comment

Originally posted by =SDS=GoD
                        And people wonder why everyone thinks EA/Dice... is worthless.
                        Sending out a beta for a game, that the previous game(bf2) hasnt even been fixed yet or ever for that matter
                        I am still amazed by the number of people that are backing them, and on their nuts. Good luck waiting for the patch. It will more than likley be the last one from them after the release of the PoS game 2142.

Seems like most BF series fans will be paying $40 or $50 for a full version beta, that will take them til the next BF series title to come out, and fix.
                        EA/Dice will not deftly not get my money for 2142 this time. I can read and see that alot of seasoned BF players will be doing the same!
                        Two negatives make a positive. "EA/Dice will not deftly not get my money" I guess you will be getting it then?

Look, don't get it then. Simple solution. With all of the trash talk flying around about EA/DICE on these forums (which they frequent), why would they feel any need to do anything for a bunch of grumbling, crying, kids? Hell, constuctive criticizim is just that, constructive. Bitching is just a waste of breath by someone who can not contribute any rational idea toward solving a problem.

I am not a paid lacky or some huge fanboy, I just don't see the need for such negativity. ***** about the economy or your job or your neighbor's kids leaving their bikes in your driveway to run over when you come home. Crap! This is a damn computer game!

Comment

I wanna play BF2142 so badly, it looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by ~WPN~Major Ursa
                            Two negatives make a positive. "EA/Dice will not deftly not get my money" I guess you will be getting it then?

Look, don't get it then. Simple solution. With all of the trash talk flying around about EA/DICE on these forums (which they frequent), why would they feel any need to do anything for a bunch of grumbling, crying, kids? Hell, constuctive criticizim is just that, constructive. Bitching is just a waste of breath by someone who can not contribute any rational idea toward solving a problem.

I am not a paid lacky or some huge fanboy, I just don't see the need for such negativity. ***** about the economy or your job or your neighbor's kids leaving their bikes in your driveway to run over when you come home. Crap! This is a damn computer game!
                            I think the "bitching" and "whining" is more of frustration from the community. Constructive criticism is just that. However, when they community as a whole asks for the red tag bug to be fixed, we'd hope that they fix it, not get cartillery. We asked for some balance between the J-10 and the F-35, and we got CTD's. We've offered lots of feedback on what might make this game the best of it's kind ever!...Only to be ignored time and time again.

So, while you make a valid point about using constructive criticism, we have and were ignored. So, what would you expect the community to do? Should we say to them, "Ok EA, you couldn't deliver anything for us, so just skip it, and go ahead with 2142. We don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
                              I think the "bitching" and "whining" is more of frustration from the community. Constructive criticism is just that. However, when they community as a whole asks for the red tag bug to be fixed, we'd hope that they fix it, not get cartillery. We asked for some balance between the J-10 and the F-35, and we got CTD's. We've offered lots of feedback on what might make this game the best of it's kind ever!...Only to be ignored time and time again.

So, while you make a valid point about using constructive criticism, we have and were ignored. So, what would you expect the community to do? Should we say to them, "Ok EA, you couldn't deliver anything for us, so just skip it, and go ahead with 2142. We don't care...
                              Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by USI_Krusher

I can see your point. I also would like to offer this, maybe the red tag bug issue has been worked on from day one and it is just taking this long to get right? I don't know, I am not a coder.

The addition of new features could have been to soften the blow upon learning that the major bugs were not fixed yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X