X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day that BF2 died.

Hello all,

i like to share my feelings on this battlefield francise.
    Patch 1.4 is to my best thought, the end of the support on BF2.

Why i think that? lets summ it up.

EA only seem to talk on bf2142
    Dozens of 2142 testing invites.
    Very LONG work on P1.4.
    The implemetation of unwanted things in 1.3
    FilePlanet that serves people with BF2142, even before 1.4 is released.
    BF2142 readme's being posted...
    a crowd waiting for 1.4, without any note on WHY they wait.
    Leaked 1.4 that supposively would damage your PC
    And finally, a 1.4 release schedule , that they cant keep.
    a changelog that doesnt include certain fixes ( while they ARE inside )
    and all this after months of testing and 2 released beta versions.

It can only mean 1 thing. Bf2 support ends here!

With everybody focused on the 2142 beta, giving the people BF2142, before they can send out a Patch 1.4, its a simple calculation to see BF2 died.

Big sites push the people with their bf2142 exlusives, hell they even leak the BETA

All modteams, testing 2141 and a lot mmore communities, this is just the final deathstab for bf2.

here are some notable quotes :
    we will send the tuning beta keys to you team leader, today at 6:00 pm (GMT). (10 keys per team)

<[DICE]Demize99> !topic EA & DICE will be distributing codes through our regional managers that will allow players direct and free access to the Tuning Beta.
    <[DICE]Demize99> this means you don't have to be a FP subscriber to be in the beta.
    <[DICE]Demize99> cause Fileplanet pulled that **** on us
    Now, Do you really think DICE has time for BF2?
    my best guess? The 1.4 patch will be released somewhere around the year 2142.

regards,

Jerry Hopper

Re: The day that BF2 died.

I wouldnt say that BF2 will die... but the support for it certainly will. I do agree through, that if 2142 beta is supposedly released next week... we wont see the patch until *tadaa* next week.

Comment

This is nothing new, they did this with BF:v into BF2.. They stopped patching BF:V and focused on BF2. THen everyone said they would boycott this game, which I guess they didn't because BF2 is even bigger. So it's nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeG
        I wouldnt say that BF2 will die... but the support for it certainly will. I do agree through, that if 2142 beta is supposedly released next week... we wont see the patch until *tadaa* next week.
        What would be the logic in releasing 1.4 along with the 2142 Beta? Not disagreeing just wondering.

Comment

Yeah BF2 support is gonna end just like every game in the past besides maybe a few games games made by Valve that are years old but still on Steam and supported. But if 1.4 is the ultra patch then we don't need any support if it fixes all problems and doesn't create new ones. If you are talking dead as in no servers. Then BF42 and BFV aren't dead yet because they still have servers running them. BF2 will have servers up as long as there are people to play it. Games like the Original Unreal Tournement still have servers up and that's something like 10 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Kold81
            What would be the logic in releasing 1.4 along with the 2142 Beta?
            there is none.

Comment

What would be the logic in releasing 1.4 along with the 2142 Beta? Not disagreeing just wondering.
              There is none. The beta came out today.

Comment

Since both games share critical code and applications, BF2 1.4 can and will provide feedback for BF2142 during BETA phase. What might they share? well, the ranking system and thus the storage and tracking code. Maybe even more stuff, who knows?

Anyway, moaning about the death of BF2 is really over the top melodrama. The mod teams will be busting out full releases very soon and IF BF2 has seen its final support patch, then that means that EVERYTHING BF2 related could be utilized by the modders. Right now SF, EF and AF features and statics are off limits and can not be ported into a mod.

Looking back, it is the mods for BF1942 that really made BF1942 such a huge favorite and it was the DC mod in particular that drove EA/DICE to put out BF2.

Death of BF2? I say pish posh.

Comment

I hope you are wrong, as I really enjoy the game despite bugs, statwhores and such. Personally I think it's much too soon for BF2142 (or BF:Unreal Tournament) as I and many other people are still learning BF2. No intertest in BF2142 at all. If I wanted a futuristic shooter, I'd be playing UT or looking forward to QuakeWars.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenMonkey
                    Personally I think it's much too soon for BF2142 (or BF:Unreal Tournament) as I and many other people are still learning BF2.
                    i share this thought completely!

On 'Dying' or 'dead' i ment the community spirit.
                    how many blows can a bf2 community have?
                    especially now with all those people testing 2142? - this willl definatly lower the interest for the BF2 game.

Also, if this will be the Patch of Patches, that everything solves, i get the creepy feeling that the patch might be on of the last.

For that guy that says that p1.4 will help evalutating things for 2142?
                    i dont see the connection there... but that could be just me.

DO note, that already 1 mod said they jump over to 2142, and the rest all have testpasses - or already tested it.

its Cause and effect, if this patch is one of its last, modders might feel less attracted to mod on, on this already problematic game.
                    if somebody offers you 2 gamingconsoles to mod on, what would you do?
                    Go for that psp or a PSP2?

Comment

4 years after the release of Battlefield 1942 and there are still around 2000 players. BF2 isnt going to die anytime soon. Worry around the year.....2009. Come back, and then post a thread like this.

Comment

Oh my god they are focusing on a game still in development! HOW COULD THEY!

Please just stop whining and pretending you have a the slightest clue on how businesses work...

Comment

I have a feeling they might make one last patch for it, there might be a 1.5 but I doubt 1.6 or anything

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenMonkey
                            I hope you are wrong, as I really enjoy the game despite bugs, statwhores and such. Personally I think it's much too soon for BF2142 (or BF:Unreal Tournament) as I and many other people are still learning BF2. No intertest in BF2142 at all. If I wanted a futuristic shooter, I'd be playing UT or looking forward to QuakeWars.
                            I totally agree!

Comment

Why do you guys think that BF2142 is the death of BF2. The only reason the patch is this late is due to the inepness (yes, I made that up) of DICE Canada. DICE Sweden is working on BF2142, and Canada and Sweden are on completely different timetables. That means that the 1.4 patch and the BF2142 Beta program are on completely different tracks.

Comment

Working...
                              X