Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I figured out the issue slowing down the patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I figured out the issue slowing down the patch.

They just realized that Wake Island and Iron Gator are unplayable without vehicles?

It doesnt affect stability but it does impact playability.

Re: I think I figured out the issue slowing down the patch.

lol, I can imagine the entire USMC team in a 64 player server trying to swim across from the carrier to wake. Easy kills for a sniper or what!

Comment

Ugh...server owners CHOOSE whether to do INF only...so no one would set the option

Comment

Don’t be ridiculous, boats are allowed! :laugh:
        At least, in the beta test…

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
          Don’t be ridiculous, boats are allowed! :laugh:
          At least, in the beta test…
          Not much use them boats in mashtuur city :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by jameslcross
            Not much use them boats in mashtuur city :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
            Or in Karkand...

Comment

Hahahaa

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                They just realized that Wake Island and Iron Gator are unplayable without vehicles?

It doesnt affect stability but it does impact playability.
                Yes, yes....What have I been saying :evil: . Also the new map Road To Jalalabad. US cannot get into the city. Try China team on Dalian plant. You run for 5 minutes to get to the first flag Gate house, from the un-cap.

To bad really, the fix was simple, keep "some" transport vehicles. So this "No_Vehicle" mode will be only for some maps. And you will find it does not work that well even for Strike at Karkand. The best maps are Songhua Stalemate and Mashtuur along with most 16 player maps.

But I give up. Feel like I am talking to the wall.

Aaaaahhhh [ throws hands in the air and storms out ]

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
                  Or in Karkand...
                  There is a river in Karkand

Comment

I would just strip the guns off the boats or transport vehicles and say done.

Comment

Walking is fun and action packed. What are you talking about?

W+J/K/L, FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
                        Walking is fun and action packed. What are you talking about?
                        Yes of course. Theres always the danger of being stung by a bumble bee or being attacked my ravenous birds.:laugh:

Comment

I have one word for you ninnies: BOATS.

Comment

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected
                            I have one word for you ninnies: BOATS.
                            There are boats in Road to Jalalabad. Do tell me where?

Is there a river from the Dalian Plant China Airbase Un-capp to the closest flag? Really, I must have missed that one?

Oh and how many seats are in the boats, most you players on 32 and larger slot servers will have to swim for it. Especially after the first spawners take of with one or two per boat. Have fun :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But I do agree. The one map that will be a blast in this mode is one most of you would likely not expect. Songhua Stalemate. There are boats that can be used to access 80% of the flags. The rest at the far ends of the map will require some hiking.

Mashtuur is good for this mode also, but again no boats. But it's layout does not require any vehicles to enter and breach the city defenses for the first flag like Karkand or Jalalabad

Comment

I am not seeing the IO mode as being the reason for the delay.

Personally, I think it has to do with shared code between BF2 and BF2142 that handles the stats. Since 2142 is touted as having 40 some odd unlocks and only 4 classes to which points can be spread across, I bet the stats tracking system is having issues with keeping everything seperate between the games. Remember, we have been told that you will be able to keep your SAME account.

Hell, everything is pure speculation anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X