X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so 1.4 tomorrow?

1.4 will prolly be out next week, so in the meantime, try doing this:

Welcome to Videojug! Here you'll find the best how-to videos around, from delicious, easy-to-follow recipes to beauty and fashion tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
      Hmm. You obviously hacen't worked in the IT industry at all.
      The fact that the patch got delayed is a good thing. It means they caught something that almost snuck through. Someone was doing their job well enough to avoid the need for a 1.41 patch.

Don't get me wrong, I was looking forward to the patch and was sorely dissapointed that it's been delayed. However, I know damned well all the things that can go wrong during production and I'm happy to see that someone is on the ball enough to make the catch.
      yes yes caught somthing thats all well and good but why the hell would they anounce somthing before they do their final checks you should not be catching major bugs the day before the anounced release thats why you ANOUNCE releases and do you really think there won't be a 1.41 ??? if so your living in a fantasy land with fairies and gumdrops and little men on candy cane sleds.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor-Pwnage
        yes yes caught somthing thats all well and good but why the hell would they anounce somthing before they do their final checks you should not be catching major bugs the day before the anounced release thats why you ANOUNCE releases and do you really think there won't be a 1.41 ??? if so your living in a fantasy land with fairies and gumdrops and little men on candy cane sleds.
        As I say, it's reasonable obvious that you haven't had any experience with the industry.

In the real world of production it is possible to have 100% bug free code (not really. There's always a bug somewhere), but when you go to compile the actual patch something odd pops up with the installer, the compression, or even the distobution vector.

That's even discounting all the oddness that can happen in a large company. Oopses happen all the time. The wrong version could have gone into the release version very easily. A single line of code could have been removed or added for testing, but not tied back up before final compile (you know those odd distance markers that popped up in a patch? That's no doubt what happened there). They might even have found a problem in their patch servers that could have resulted in corrupt files or not enough stability to support the massive demand.

The bottom line is Making and patching games is an insanely complex thing these days. Calling people idiots because they make mistakes is, infact, idiotic.

That said, the answer to the original question this thread asked is "NO" and the thread may safely die now.

Comment

Working...
        X