can one get the CD key off the disk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can one get the CD key off the disk?

I've seen other games where the cd key was kept someplace in either the folder or on the game disk and was wondering if BF2 did the same.

I ask because I'm thinking of reinstalling BF2 and SF when patch 1.4 comes out because I've just be crashing too much on SF. I know it's a common problem and SF is a great version of BF2 but if one cannot play it, what's the point? Other than the extra unlocks for BF2 vanilla?

anyway, I can't find the book right now for BF2 vanilla so I was wondering if the game had the CD key someplace on the disk or in the folder so I have it before I reinstall.

Thanks for any help you can give, guys.

Re: can one get the CD key off the disk?

No, the cd key is NOT on the disc. It is in your registry though. Try googling it.

Comment

yeah its in ur registry, but its most likely encrypted

Comment

no, it's there. The key is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2

the data in ergc is your key

I already clicked on the cd key thing in the EA folder thinking that told me, but that just deletes the current one in the registry and enters the new one you put in. I guess I'll have to find that book now.

Comment

Working...
        X