Windows Update and BF2 CTD problems - Just some help for you -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Update and BF2 CTD problems - Just some help for you -

Like 5 days ago, MS released several high priority updates for windows Xp sp2 , on some machines those updates produce CTDs on Battlefield 2..

Here is the full detail on how to solve this problems the hard way.

Check under Control Panel's Add/remove Programs the next 2 installed windows updates:

KB917422; and KB921883

Both of those security updates has several CTD problems with BF2, as far as I know, the only way to correct this problem is uninstalling those updates.

For security reasons, use the Windows Firewall and block incomming TCP ports 139 and 445 to kill the hole behind those updates.

Here is a quick report on this patches:

Hope it helps for you guys.
    Have Fun.

Re: Windows Update and BF2 CTD problems - Just some help for you -

Nice find dude. I am sure that several people will find this really handy. Thanks.

Comment

so.. pin this topic

Comment

supposed to be fixed in the 1.4 release TODAY. it sucks u didnt post this sooner

Comment

Sorry but the updates have only 5 days old... so this is sooner enought :P and I really dont espect to have a solution for this kind of CTD with the 1.4 version cause the problem is 'too new'

Comment

Might help might not. You might be only 1 that has a problem like this

Comment

I dont have this problem.. but on my community website, several users reported this problem since the windows update 5 days ago.. this is the solution that we came up yesterday.

Comment

Good info mate - I'll wait until I install the 1.4 patch before I mess around with those updates. Thanks again for sharing with the community.

Comment

Working...
                X