Singleplayer 64 maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singleplayer 64 maps

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew where to download singleplayer 64 player maps for Taraba Quarry, Great Wall, Iron Gator and Devil's perch. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Singleplayer 64 maps

I don't think that 64 player maps are supported in Single player. There is a mod you can download and install, but you may have to wait for it to incorporate the 1.4 patch to be released within the next 12 hours or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
      I don't think that 64 player maps are supported in Single player. There is a mod you can download and install, but you may have to wait for it to incorporate the 1.4 patch to be released within the next 12 hours or so.
      i want to see this mod

Comment

So the 1.4 patch is going to be released in less than a day?

Comment

Originally posted by x_knight_x
          i want to see this mod
          It's really nothing special, it's basically an empty BF2 server. Nothing new can be quite boring.

Originally posted by JohnGrimm88
          So the 1.4 patch is going to be released in less than a day?
          Indeed. It should be out August 15, 2006...Today.

The General News forum is a good place to hang out and read up on all the stuff going on.

Comment

[quote=Revoluti0n]I don't think that 64 player maps are supported in Single player.quote]

This statement is incorrect.

Visit The Battlefield Single Player Website for details

BF2 16, 32, and 64 SP/Co-op Maps

BF2 SP/Co-op Custom Maps

Special Forces SP/Co-op Maps

Euro Force SP/Co-op Maps

Armored Fury SP/Co-op Maps

Comment

Actually I am not incorrect. You MUST download a 3rd party file in order to run 64 size maps in single player. That was my point. You cannot just do it from the single player menu without installing something else. :|:

Comment

There is a mod you can download and install, but you may have to wait for it to incorporate the 1.4 patch to be released within the next 12 hours or so.
                I don't expect there to be any changes needed since the "mod" is actually just map changes. The most likely thing that might be changed would be adding the new "infantry-only" game option (as co-op mode and vehicle drop were added after 1.3 was released although they were't really required).

And while your post was correct, it gives a bit of a misleading impression since the OP specifically asked about downloading 64-player versions of the maps (which are available and FFOLKES provided). (Note that Iron Gator has not been successfully expanded and the modders are not optimistic about it ever being done.)

Anyone who is at all interested in BF2 SP/co-op should definitely look at BFSP (http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...ld.gamespy.com) since there is a great lack of knowledge/interest about this subject in the more general-purpose BF2 forums.

Comment

Actually I am not incorrect. You MUST download a 3rd party file in order to run 64 size maps in single player. That was my point.
                  +1

To this day, I am still bummed that BF2 didn't come stock with 32 and 64 SP mode.

Comment

yeah, i agree single player on 64 ouldve been son much better, but then comes the factor of chug? i dont know im just guessing

Comment

Yeah. If only DICE had 32 and 64 maps playable in singleplayer then that would be fun! However sometimes the bots are unwilling to take the jets. They made me fly all by myself in Operation Clean Sweep.:cry:

Comment

Actually I am not incorrect. You MUST download a 3rd party file in order to run 64 size maps in single player. That was my point. You cannot just do it from the single player menu without installing something else. :|:
                        trust me you are incorrect. i have done all my 64 map integration by hand. when editing the descriptions, map size etc, menu entries, in the stock bf2 files there is already reference to the larger map sizes, kinda like filling in the blanks i cannot abide 3rd party apps when not needed.

generally speaking most apps and add-ons just automate a process for you. but it can be done manually if you are that way inclined.

Comment

As FFOLKES said get yourself over here...

http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...d.gamespy.com/

... not all of us spend hours and hours on-line.

Also don't say 'singleplayer' too loudly here as it seems to be a dirty word

Comment

The really annoying part is that they said (or implied) that they didn't release large SP maps because generating the navmesh (bot pathing) was too time-consuming. Most of the vanilla maps were navmeshed within weeks of EA releasing the tools in January. And with only 2-3 people doing them. Maybe not "production-quality" but very playable. Even the maps that DICE did not create SP mode for at all have been done by the modders (Kubra, Mashtuur, Wake 2007).

Comment

Thanks for the info! But I have a question. Is there any way of increasing or decreasing the tickets in singleplayer games? Because I had this 64 player singleplayer map in special forces and the tickets are set at 200 causing the round to end fast. So I wondered if there is any way of altering them.

Comment

Working...
                              X