Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your input - Server Crashing

Just wanted your point of view.
    I play on Brianstorm servers and have found that they crash often. I have been told that this is due to the 1.3 patch and the bf2.exe on the server. Is this true.

The server can run for 3, 4, 5 hours without fail, then you will see “there is a problem with your connection” and everything will freeze, APC’s & Tanks flying around, then after about 5-20 seconds, you will be kicked out of the server. I know it is not only me as all the folks on Teamspeak get the same server lockup.

THERE IS MORE!!!!!
    I can restart the server, but very often it p[lays for about 15 minutes, then crashes again, I have seen 3-5 crashes in a row…. Then, it can run for hours again without fail.

Is this normal on other servers ??????????

I get the feeling that we may be getting several crashes due to bad ram / memory, HDD defects, or overheating.

Thanks!

Re: Need your input - Server Crashing

It's normal .. it's the patch.
    Crashes are random ..

Comment

Yep - par for the 1.3 patch.

Comment

100% normal for 1.3 I'm afraid. Some servers get it worse than others for reasons unknown to me. 1.4 comes out tomorrow and HOPEFULLY this will be a thing of the past.

Comment

After the 1.4 patch comes out the crashes should be resolved. Patch will be relased 15AUG06 is the latest word. Don't sweat the crashes, they will be over in a matter of days.

Comment

Yea every server has this problem, as stated 1.4 is supposed to fix it.

Comment

Working...
            X